forty - three

they exit through the door junmyeon and yixing entered from. it had two staircases, one to the left, one to the right. they go to the right and quickly walk up the stairs.

outside the doors was a janitor's room. outside of the janitor's door was a cafe, a busy one. "how'd we.." "don't ask questions." kyungsoo says. "you're going to have to pretend to walk, it'd be suspicious if i carry you." "but i have no shoes." i say holding my arms around baekhyun's neck.

"that's right." he huffs. he ends up carrying me out the cafe, a couple of stares from the unsuspecting customers.

a black car waits at the end of the street, parked. junmyeon goes to the driver's side. i sit in the back between yixing and baekhyun.

"w-where are we going?" i whisper to baekhyun noticing the absence of any humans. "to our headquarters." he whispers back.

i look away at the road for a minute. i look down at my bandaged ankle. with the reality hitting me, my ankle began to hurt. i look away not wanting to see it anymore. i stare at baekhyun's clenched fist.

his knuckles were bruised, an old cut on the back of his hand. without thinking i reach over and run my finger along the cut. it was bumpy, like blood drying without being wiped. he jerks his hand away covering the cut with his other hand. i move his other hand, which was bruised, but not as bad as the right side.

i hold his hand which was super warm. i can see him look at me from the corner of my eye, but i stare at our interlaced hands.

we stop in front of a fish bait shop. a speaker was standing there. (just imagine carls jr./hardee's. i'm such a fatass lmaoao, also despicable me,,) "welcome to baiter's hook how may i help?" the lady's voice was deep, raspy, uninterested. "we're here for so much fun, it's a crime." what a cheesy lame password.