Chapter 18: The Dragon has a Heart

Gray was laying on the ground, beat and exhausted. Memories of when he used to be defeated by Ur coming back to him.

Gray heard footsteps coming toward him, his eyes moving in the direction of the sound.

"Get up Gray..." the slightly deep voice of the dragon prince ringing in the ears of the ice wizard.

"N-Natsu?" Gray weakly replied, slightly moving his head in the same direction as his eyes were focused on. "What are you doing here? I didn't think you would care about me..." Gray dryly chuckled.

"Guessing you couldn't defeat him, huh?" Natsu voiced calmly, avoiding Gray's question. Gray raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Why would you care?" Gray grunted, his stubbornness kicking in. He got a sigh in return.

"I may think you people are annoying, but I will never let you guys die..."

Gray's eyes widened in shock. He had never heard those words come out of Natsu's mouth. Not once.

"You care..?" Gray struggled to get off the ground, tears lining his eyes. Natsu grabbed him by the shirt and hoisted him on his feet, holding him from the back of his shirt collar.

Natsu's eyes softened for a moment. "Just know, fairytail is a family. It's your family. You are a wizard of Fairy tail and you guys, I know for a fact, never give up."

Gray glanced at Natsu from the corner of his eye, allowing a tear to slip. He was right, Fairy tail never had given up and he wasn't going to either. But, before he could reply, Natsu added,

"Everyone has had a past, either good or bad, just know, you are never alone."

Gray's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He didn't understand why Natsu was telling him this. Especially him. He was always alone. He never let anyone help him.

"Then, why don't you let us be there for you?" Gray finally voiced his thoughts, expecting an answer. But, all he got was a quick,

"Let's go." Natsu hoisted Gray on his back and teleported to the village, where Erza, Lucy, and Happy were waiting.

Erza immediately spotted the two wizards and raced over with narrowed eyes. "What happened?"

"Did the ice guy beat him up?" Lucy asked, coming over with Happy flying behind her.

Instead of answering the obvious questions, Natsu went to one of the villagers. "Excuse me, do you think you could help take care of him?" Natsu asked, dropping Gray to the ground gently.

"Yeah, that wouldn't be a problem," a villager with dark blue hair replied.

Erza and Lucy were now standing by the gate. Lucy looking at the floor and Erza was standing next to her with a sweat-drop.

Natsu walked over to the two female wizards and raised an eyebrow. Lucy, who had noticed Natsu walking over, smirked and pointed to the grass covered floor confidently.

Natsu looked at the grass then back at Erza who had a nervous smile on her face. "Um, what is this exactly?" Natsu questioned.

"It's a pit-fall trap," Lucy stated with confidence, which Natsu sweat-dropped to.

"This trap will work, just you wait!" Lucy exclaimed, pumping her fist in the air.

A pink haired woman wearing a maid outfit appeared beside Lucy and bowed. "Excuse me Princess, but I don't think your idea will work," the pink-haired maid stated.

"What did you just say?!" Lucy questioned while stomping one foot in front of her.

"All I'm saying is that this isn't the most efficient trap for the enemy," the maid commented, her hand gesturing to the pit-fall trap.

"Really Virgo? I thought at least you would be with me on this."

The maid, now know as Virgo, just sighed and stopped talking.

"Now that were all here, I have a question," Erza announced, hands on hips.

"Yeah? What is it?" Lucy asked looking at Erza. Natsu glanced at the swords woman and raised an eyebrow.

"What is taking that Lyon guy's lackeys so long to get here?" Erza put a hand to her chin. Lucy nodded in agreement. "Where could they be? They should've arrived here by now."

"Well then, we still have the pit-fall trap up and running and that should stop Lyon's lackeys from getting into the village," Lucy exclaimed, a fist pumped in the air.

"They're not gonna fall for that," Happy said, sweat-dropping. "I told you, I think you might be stupid."

"Wow, thanks cat," Lucy scoffed, offended.

"Look in the sky!" A red haired village shouted, pointing in the sky.

The three wizards, and Happy, looked up in the sky to see, an oddly familiar, giant rat flying in the sky.

"It's a giant flying rat!" A villager shouted. "And it's carrying a bucket!"

"What?! But know my trap is completely useless!" Lucy exclaimed.

Up on the giant rat, the three lackeys were standing on the rat using its tail as a propeller.

"I didn't realize the double poison jelly would take so long to prepare," Sherry stared, arms crossed over her chest.

"We times it perfectly," Yuka said, arms behind his back instead of crossed. "Those wizards were able to make it back to the village."

Tony growled in a agreement.

"We cannot rest until the demon Deliora has been revived for the cold emperor. Anyone who dares to stand in our way must be killed."

The giant rat accidentally dropped a bit of the poison jelly pit of the bucket and it started heading toward the village.

Lucy saw it coming her way and put her hands at her sides saying, "Jelly?"

Before she knew it, Natsu had pushed her to the ground before it could hit her. The jelly landed on the floor, creating a tiny crater in the ground.

"I knew that smelled like poison," the dragon slayer stated looking at the hole in the ground. Lucy stood up and looked at it as well.

"Thanks for the save there," Lucy thanked.

"That big flying rat has a whole bucket full of it!" A villager announced, hands on the side of his head.

"No they're gonna dump it right on us!" Another villagers exclaimed.

"Who knew the moon drip could turn people into these beasts?" Yuka, the bushy eyebrowed man said, arms still locked behind his back. "They look like the demon children of deliora," Sherry said, which followed by a growl from Toby.

Erza glared at the giant rat with envy. This wasn't going to go well, was it?

xXx

A/N: I finally updated. I'm so sorry for the late update. I would usually update sooner but I've been so busy. Hope you guys enjoyed anyways.
Next part will hopefully be out soon!

To be continued...

~Rin