Chapter 9: Natsu vs Erza

-Era-

A group of strong wizards stood in a circle above a magic circle.

"The Eisenwald guild may have been defeated, but that is only a small victory in a much larger battle" Doma said.

"The number of dark guilds has been growing at quite an alarming rate" Michello stated.

"We have to come up with a plan to eliminate them all" Doma stated.

"But how would we do that?" Shitou questions.

"However it's done, we cannot allow Zeref's magic to fall into the wrong hands again" Doma demanded. "I don't understand how Eisenwald was able to obtain a tool for forbidden magic in the first place" Michello says confused with how the situation with Lullaby even occurred.

"I hate to say it, but the blame may extend al the way to the highest levels".

"Whatever the case, although they're usually just a thorn in our sides, it seems Fairy Tail proved to be quite useful" Siegrain commented. "They took down an entire guild with a handful of wizards. That's quite the feat." Ultear complimented.

"I still don't like them" the other members mumbled to each other.

"You may not want to accept it, but that's the reality of the situation. In the end, the attack on the guild masters was prevented, lives were spared, and none of us had to give up our heard-earned positions on this Council to save face" Siegrain stated whole crossing his arms.

"You fool! Are you insinuating the council is somehow to blame?"

"Enough of this nonsense!" Doma demanded. He didn't need to hear anymore of that crap. "Fairy Tail's good deeds are overshadowed by their reckless destruction!" He shouted.

"Then why don't we take the opportunity to discuss the matter with them?" Siegrain smirked.

-With Fairy Tail-

Natsu and Erza were in the middle of town surround by people. Erza had challenged Natsu to a fight. Natsu decided against it but knew that she would annoy him to no end.

So he obliged... reluctantly.

So now they were in front of Fairy Tail, surrounded by people ready to watch their fight.

"Are they really going to fight?!" Lucy questioned with her hand to her mouth. "Yup, I can't wait to see this!" Happy cheered.

"Hey, Lucy! Wanna make a bet to see who wins?!" Cana asked with a bottle of beer in her hand. Lucy looked at her in astonishment.

"Why are you guys picking sides?" Lucy asked. "Because it's fun. And if you win the bet you earn the money from the people who picked the wrong person" Gray stated. Lucy sweatdropped. "Yeah I know what bets are".

"You ready to lose Natsu. I'm not going to lose to you this time" Erza stated, confidence in her voice. Natsu just gave her his normal emotionless stare.

She growled. "Prepare yourself!" She Requipped a sword and charged at him. Natsu dodged the attack and jumped behind her.

"-Requip-" Erza shouted and Requipped into her lightning empress Armor.

She lit her spear with lightning and charged at Natsu again. Natsu Requipped a sword and their weapons clashed. Natsu, with more strength, pushed her back. She was sent gliding across the ground.

She growled and jumped up and tried to shoot lightning from above. Natsu dodged the attack and jumped up to her and was about to slash her when he heard a loud clap. Erza and Natsu dropped to the ground.

They looked in the direction of the clap and spotted a humanoid frog wearing a robe. Everyone around them stared at the frog in disbelief.

Lucy stared wide eyed. "A frog?!".

The frog started walking toward the duo in the middle. "This fight is over. May I have your attention please. I have come here on behalf of the Magic Council" the Frog states.

"No way!" Levy says in disbelief. Jet and Droy stared at the frog in disbelief. "Seriously?!" Jet asked in astonishment. "Why would the council send her here?" Droy questions.

Lucy looked at them with a face that said 'seriously'. She looked at them with wide eyes. "Am I the only one that noticed, she's a frog!" Lucy questions.

"As a result of the Eisenwald incident, the Oshibana station and the Guild Masters conference Hall were destroyed, along with many other property damages. As for who is to blame, that is a member of your guild. Natsu Dragneel, you are hereby under arrest!" The Frog proclaimed.

"What?!" Erza shouted.