Chapter 11: Strongest Wizard

Natsu and Erza were walking back to the guild after being released from the jail cell they were stuck in.

Erza opened the door and immediately ran to Mira. "Strawberry cake, pronto!" Erza commanded. Mira sweatdropped but nodded and went to get her cake.

Everyone stared at Natsu while he walked to the second floor. "What do you think happened?" Gray asked Lucy, which the latter just shrugged.

"At least they weren't injured or kept in jail that long" she said and walked up to Erza. "So Erza, What happened?" She questioned.

Erza looked up at her form her strawberry cake. Erza laughed sheepishly. "I kinda got us thrown into a jail cell. The whole thing was just a formality. He wasn't really going to be punished" Erza exclaimed and stuffed more cake into her mouth.

Lucy's mouth hung open. Seriously, she got them thrown into a cell. She sweatdropped.

"So, Natsu got thrown in jail because of Erza?" Gray asked from behind Lucy, I'm only his boxers. "Gray, your clothes!" Cana shouted and Gray shrieked and went to search for his clothes.

Gray came back with his clothes back on and thought for a moment. "So he wasn't a sacrificial lamb, but a scapegoat" he said while pounding his fist into his palm. Elfman stares at Gray in shock. "You must be one heck of an ice wizard, 'cause even your jokes leave me cold" Elfman shivered.

"Hey Erza, are you and Natsu going to finish your fight?" Elfman asked. "Uh oh" Lucy gulped. Erza looked up, now finished with her cake. "Hmm, I don't know".

Natsu came back down from the second floor and sat at the bar a couple seats from Erza. Erza stared at Natsu. Natsu noticed and glared at her. "What now?" Natsu raises an eyebrow.

"Are we gonna continue our fight?" She asked. Natsu sighed. "No, we just got out and you're already asking that? After you just got me thrown into a cell?" He question, his voice more menacing.

Erza frowned. "All that for nothing" Erza sighed. "Fine, whatever".

Mira looked at the Master and noticed he was looking pretty tired. "Something wrong Master?" Mira asked worriedly.

"I'm okay, just tired" he said with a lazy tone. "He's coming...". Suddenly Mira felt tired as well and collapsed onto the ground. Lucy's head fell onto the table and she fell asleep.

Erza and Natsu soon fell asleep onto the bar, along with everyone else. Makarov looked up and saw a man wearing a dark blue cloak, a mask and hat walking into the guild.

He watched as the man turned away from him and went straight to the request board. "Mystogan..." The master finally said. The man now known as Mystogan grabbed a request and started walking toward Makarov again.

"I shall return" he told the master. "No, wait, lift your sleeping spell before you go" the master pleaded.

Mystogan turned around and started walking toward the door. "Five..." he walked further toward the door.

"Four..." closer.

"Three..."

"Two..."

"One..." he left the guild.

Instantly everyone woke up. All the guild members were rubbing their heads (besides Natsu) and groaning.

"Geez, was Mystogan here?" Jet questioned. "Man what a jerk" Droy exclaimed. "Does he have to put us to sleep every time he comes back to the guild?" Levy questioned with sleepiness hinting her voice.

"Who's this Mystogan Guy?" Lucy questioned while rubbing her eyes. "For one he is one of the strongest wizards in the guild" Elfman explained. Lucy looked at Elfman incredulously. "Really?" She questioned.

"Yeah, and for some reason he doesn't want anyone to see what he looks like" Gray explained. "So, whenever he comes here to take a job, he casts a sleeping spell".

"That's kinda creepy" Lucy exclaimed.

"Master, and maybe Natsu, are the only ones that have seen what he looks like" Gray states looking toward the direction of Natsu and Makarov.

"That's not true" they heard a voice say from the second floor. All the non-S-Class wizards look up. "I've seen him before" Laxus brags with a smug grin.

"Laxus?" Elfman asks surprised. "You're never here" Wakaba states.

"And here's another strong wizard" Elfman explains.

"Mystogan's just a little shy. You should respect his privacy" Laxus ordered.

Gray glared at Laxus. "If you got something to say, come say it to my face!" Gray challenged.

Laxus chuckled. "What are you gonna do to me? Huh? If you can't even win against the red head, what chance do you have against me? Huh, stripper boy?" Laxus cackled.

"What did you say?!" Gray exclaimed.

Erza glared at Laxus with a deadly aura around her. "What are you trying to say?!".

"Calm down Erza" Lucy squeaked from next to her.

"I'm saying that I'm the strongest wizard in this guild" Laxus states while raising his arms up at his sides.

"Then, come down here and prove it!" Gray demanded. "You come to me ice-boy!" Laxus smirked.

"Oh, your asking for it!" Gray started running toward the stairs when Makarov hit him into the wall with his Titan fist. Mira yelped at the sudden attack.

"You are not allowed on the second floor Gray, you know this" Master spoke. Lucy started to sweat.

Laxus smirked and chuckled. "You made the old man grumpy". Gray glared at Laxus the best he could from the wall.

"That's enough out of you, Laxus" Master demanded, which the latter just snorted to.

"All I'm trying to say is that, I'm the most powerful one in the guild, not some black clad dragon boy or some red-haired chick" Laxus declared.

Natsu looked up from his drink and glared at Laxus with piercing black eyes, a deathly aura surrounding him. Erza glared at Laxus with the same amount of tenacity.

"If you wanted to know what the strongest wizard looks like, you're looking right at him" Laxus pointed a finger at himself with the last statement.

Natsu, Erza, and Gray all glared up at Laxus.

'What a bastard'