Family

-Alfred's Point of View-

Why now?

Why me?

These entries, why are there so many of mine?

They don't need to know all of this. It's my life, why can't I keep it private?

Everywhere I look there are only insults. Maybe I should run away to somewhere without people. I wish I could just go to Alaska. Live right in the middle of the woods and not tell anyone I'm there, not even Mattie.

"Dammit," I ran too far.

Now I'm surrounded by these giant cherry wood doors. I don't remember coming here. I really am good for nothing, I can't even find my way through a simple building.

Well like England said I'm a fat pig so I can't be that far away from the meeting hall. Right?

-No one's point of view-

While Alfred was wandering through the halls of the conference building the meeting hall was in chaos.

Everyone was yelling questions like, "Where is Alfred?", "Why did he run?", and "When did he leave?"

In the middle of the chaos, France and England sat still. Unlike everyone else, who's minding where full of questions, France and England could only think, "This was our fault."

It wasn't until they heard the meeting doors open that they snapped into action.

Russia and Canada were both running out the doors into the halls. China, Japan, Prussia, and Italy following behind leaving everyone else alone in their dust.

"We messed up," England said.

France nodded, "We all did." He sighed and looked England in the eye, "America has had such a hard time because of this book, but he wouldn't have to if we had done more. I can't help but wonder what would have happened if we hadn't left him alone as a child... Could we have... We could've saved him... he wouldn't need his dogs." By the end of his speech, Francis' face was covered in tears.

England- no Arthur pulled Francis into a hug. "We all could have done something. I blame myself. I was his father," Tears started forming in Arthurs eyes, "I should've spent time with him but I didn't-" Arthur was cut by his sobbing.

The two were left crying in each other's arms while their son was crying on his own.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-With Russia and Canada-

"Where is he?" Canada yelled, louder than anyone has ever heard him speak during a meeting.

Russia stopped running and grabbed Canada's wrist so he would stop as well.

"What in maple are you doing?"

"Shush," Russia said quietly.

After a minute there was a loud sobbing sound and right after it sounded like a mirror had been shattered.

Canada jumped into action, pulling Russia along with him.

When they finally found the room the crying had already ceased.

"Do you think he is ok?" Canada asked.

"Yeah, I don't doubt it. He is a strong person."

"Ok."

And at that, they opened the door revealing a sleeping Alfred. At first glance, it looked like he was perfectly fine and at peace but upon further investigation, you could see his eyes looked red, his cowlick was sagging, and, even during his sleep, he was shaking.

"Alfie!"

"I wonder why Alfred was so scared of letting us know about this 'family act'. It's not like is a bad thing, da."

Matthew sighed, "It's not a bad thing but I think he was afraid to confront Arthur and Francis about it."

"That makes sense."

Ivan sat down next to Alfred while Matthew hugged his brother tight.

Ivan glanced over to the older twin (Matthew), "Do you know of anything else that might be about him or any of your family that the Representations might put in the book?"

Matthew nodded.

"Care to share?"

After a silent pause, Matthew started to talk. "When we were little our mother passed. Alfred was torn apart. He started to become afraid of a lot of things. I believe it was about five years later when England and France found us and we were separated. While we were separated I had fun. France sometimes forgot me and he was away a lot but when he was home most of the time he'd let me cook with him and play with him. Alfred was unlucky, Arthur was away more often than France and when Arthur came home he was either drunk or angry. It took Alfred many years just to learn how to stand up for himself in the Revolutionary War. On top of that, we both had many struggles after independence and during many other wars."

Ivan looked shocked. He had known that Alfred's life hadn't been a good one, but, then again, almost no one he knew had a good life. But Ivan wasn't ready for this. How did they become so strong from that? Is everyone else's life just as bad?

Matthew gave a knowing look at Ivan as he pulled his younger brother closer to his body. "I know we have had hard lives but Arthurs is pretty bad too. Francis' can also get dark pretty quickly," Matthew chuckled, "I guess our family is pretty similar. Just in a different way."

Right after that was said the door came crashing open causing the sleeping Alfred to start curling up on himself.

"Shhh," Ivan and Matthew said simultaneously.

"Sorry. How is Alfred?" Prussia asked.

"We're not sure he hasn't wakened up yet."

"You should just let him sleep, aru. The poor boy probably won't even be able to speak to us if he wakes us." Another voice whisper shouted.

"Good idea."

Ivan stood up, taking Alfred from his brother's lap. "I'll bring him to his room."

Matthew nodded.

Ivan walked out of the room with China trailing behind him, leaving Prussia and Canada alone.

"So..." Matthew started.

"You don't need to worry. Alfred will get better and be awesome again. Right now just worry about yourself because I'm not so sure the awesome me will be able to protect you from the book."

Matthew giggled. "Don't worry as long as you're with me during it I'll be fine."

"Always."

*****Sooooo......

I feel as if I have been moving the story a bit fast but, I am having writers' block. Though I will push through it because I very much dislike when writers stop their stories in the middle, even if they think the story isn't good. (It probably is if it disappoints people when you stop writing)

Sorry for the long wait for this chapter.

I'm also sorry that this story has been very focused on America, I'm trying my hardest for it not to be. It'll hopefully get better...

Eventually...

Until then,

Bye!*****