"What's wrong?" I heard myself say, but I was not sure if it was me. If that made sense. "Dad?"

"Dan, calm down, it's all right, just let me talk."

"Just say it."

"We're at the hospital." I swallowed hard and I didn't know if I wanted to know. He stopped talking as if he was waiting for my reaction. However, I had none.

My heart started racing and my eyes picked out a spot to look at. Strangely, that was Phil. I just looked at him, only to realize that he was already looking at me with concern.

"Why?" I didn't break eye contact. Maybe he would help me to stay calm.

"Adriana." He streched her name too long.

"What's wrong with her?" Not her. Everyone but Addy.

"She's okay, Dan."

"What's wrong with her?" I asked more emphatically and turned in the other direction. As if I were alone now. "Dad, tell me."

"I don't want to tell you if I don't know it myself."

"What do you not know?"

"I don't know what she did." I heard him say and I didn't know if it just made me confused or desperate.

"How do you not know?" I asked and touched my forehead. I turned around again. Phil talked to the others, but after a few seconds he looked at me. He gave me a worried, questioning look and I didn't know what gesture I could do to tell him what was going on. That's why I waved him unobtrusively to me. He stood up.

"I don't want to do that on the phone." I heard my father say as I watched Phil as he ran towards me.

"Then I'll come to you."

"I don't know if this is a good idea."

"Apparently it is, if you don't want to talk like that." Phil was standing in front of me, but I kept talking. But I wasn't alone anymore.

"Okay." he agreed in the end.

"Are you okay?" I asked. There was a long break. Maybe he hadn't expected me to ask or he didn't want to answer.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay."

"See you soon." I hung up and stayed there forever with my cell phone in my hand. I just stared at my black screen. Maybe I was waiting for something, but nothing happened.

Phil could do nothing except looking at me. He put his hand on my shoulder.

"What'a going on?" he asked softly. Nobody would have heard if he spoke normally. I didn't know why he spoke quietly, but I was grateful to him, because it was so fucking loud in my head.

"I dont know." I mumbled and looked up. My vision was blurry and I immediately tried to swallow my tears and the lump in my throat.

"Addy is in the hospital, I don't know why, I have to go there. I don't know where it is, do you know where-" I babbled without taking a breath. Phil interrupted me with a hug. I didn't resist. It was only short and probably just to make me shut up.

"Calm down, no stress before you know what's going on." he tried to calm me down. "I know the hospital sounds bad, but maybe everything's okay."

"My dad said she's okay."

"See?" he said, releasing me. "If you're driving on the main street, everything is labeled, if not, google maps, we only have a hospital, there's a city map hanging around somewhere, maybe twenty minutes by bike."

"I don't have a bike." I said confused. It felt like my brain was turning off and looked at the floor.

"I know, you're taking mine. I walk, all right? There's only one bike down there, it should be mine." I didn't answer, and suddenly I felt his hand on my shoulder again and looked up. "Text me, okay?"

I just nodded, and he squeezed my shoulder.

"I'm not telling them, I promise." Again I nodded and he turned around, whereupon I also ran to his bike.

The hospital was easier to find as intended. I probably didn't live at the end of the world. Only now I saw a little of the small town in which I lived from now.

It was loud.

What was wrong that my dad couldn't tell me on the phone? Was she ill? Did something happen to her? No, she had done something, right? My father had said he didn't know what she had done. What was it for fucks sake?

If something would happen to Addy, I didn't know what I would do. I'd get even crazier than I already was. My life without Addy wasn't a life. It isn't even a life now. I think she brought most of life into mine. Energy, joy, fun. Is it stupid to say that she was my best friend?