Chapter 18: Cell180B

POV Scott

"But officer this isn't possible." I said as I stood up confused.

"Actually it is, maybe we should take a ride downtown to the jail and go from there." The officer said as he was leaving the apartment.

"Jail? Why is Mitch in jail?" I asked this point almost to a yell.

"I told you once before, everything will be explained just follow me." The officer said once more as we walked out of the apartment and I locked the door behind me.

It was a scary feeling to ride in a police car even though I didn't do anything wrong. Or did I? I don't know, all I care about is Mitch and if he's okay and just everything a friend should be doing. Once we arrived at the jail bystanders stare at me like I was at jail because I was being arrested, I hated the feeling. If one of the bystanders was a Pentaholic I'm so screwed. Jonathan won't be happy, but I guess he knows what's going on so hopefully he'll answer the questions they have on twitter. One by one.

"Here to see Mr. Grassi," the officer said as we walked into the jail.

"Yes, he's in cell 180B," the woman said.

"Thanks Martha," the officer said.

"No problem dear, just call in if there are any problems okay?" She said.

"Alright, probably nothing major just a lot of confusion." The officer replied. And yeah, there is a lot of confusion especially since nothing can be explained, Atleast not yet.

We walked down a long hallway with what looked like people who had committed some major crimes based on age, muscle, piercings, and tattoos. Well I can't say those things as much since most of my friends have tattoos and piercings. I mean come on, LA changes you. We got to Mitch's cell and there my best friend sat. I expected him to be in those orange jail outfits but he wasn't. He looked happy to see me, but terrified at the fact he had to answer to me and my questions, good and or bad.

"Oh my gosh I'm sooooo happy to see you, being cooped up in here is the worst." Mitch said with a smile. No "sorry didn't tell you I was in jail while all this crap happened", I guess not.

"You have so many questions too answer and they better be good answers," I said which sounded like a mean tone, but there was just so much to explain, and I'm his best friend I have to know everything, and....

"Mr. Grassi, explain to Mr. Hoying over here everything. And I mean everything. From the top, and go." The officer said to Mitch as if he was timing him.

"Well the reason I'm here is because everyone has been on Brad's case since forever. Someone, as in a police officer told me this while you were out one night with a group of friends before tour. I was devastated at the fact I had to hide this from you but it was for the best. If I were there it would have been me to die and not my doppelgänger." Mitch said somewhat sad. He was right thouh. What if he had been the one to die? I would never of been able to forgive myself.

"So this has basically been my safe house even though it looks like I'm in jail. A pretty bad reputation to set for myself for everyone and the Pentaholics, but I was willing to take that risk to protect you." Mitch said as we sat in his cell staring blankly at his words floating in the air like steam. He really thought this out, but all the pain everyone has been through. I didn't want to be mad at Mitch, but I had to.

"So in order to protect us, you left and let all of this crap happen while what, while the officers and you especially sat on the sidelines?" I asked about to dart up and out the cell. It was just too much to take in though.

"Officers weren't standing on the sidelines, they had to find the right moment to come and get Brad or-" I cut him off because I just couldn't take any of his innocent reasoning like he does when he doesn't want to be blamed.

"Or what? What would've happened?" I asked eagerly. Apparently just eager for answers, nothing else.

"You would have died!And I care about you!I care about everyone!Thats why I've been cooped up here, was to protect you!" Mitch said as he stood up from his jail cell bed. It was really small, as in smaller than a twin sized bed.

"Look I'm...I'm sorry. I just don't know how to protect everyone when I want to. Can I ask you a question though? Is the rest of Pentatonix doppelgänger too?" I asked with my head lowered and hands clasped together while in thought.

"No," Mitch began," I promise you, everyone else is real, they're themselves and you are too." Mitch said as he scooted closer and put his arm around me.

"Scooter," Mitch said.

"Yeah?" I asked as tears swam in my eyes which I was trying to hide since I was in a jail and didn't want to look weak.

"Let's go home, I want everyone to calm down first before I tell everyone else about this." Mitch said patting my back.

I completely forgot about the rest of Pentatonix, not forgot just forgot to tell them the information. They're probably still grieving at their apartment, probably together. I can't imagine what they feel right now. And I'm mad because Mitch is alive? What's wrong with me? Before I lose my train of thought the officer speaks.

"More info on this is that specifically the FBI have been looking for Brad for a few years. Some of Brad's henchmen have been sent out to do dirtyt work. So far we have caught 2/3 henchmen." The officer said as he was reading off of a clipboard.

"Well whose the third henchman?" I asked looking for even more answers than expected.

"He goes by the name of Jasinack, but that's the closest we've come. Just the name." The officer said.

"What kind of name is Jasinack?" Mitch asked with a slight chuckle as he showed his dimples.

"It's a name we don't want to hear. Now that Brad is gone we just have to worry about him." The officer said.

When will this be over? This will be one thing I'll never get an answer to until everything is over.

*******************************************************************************

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the book. And don't fret, I'm writing a sequel. The sequel is called Is There A Light In Darkness Book 2. Yeah, really creative title I know. I know there was a pretty long break in between chapters but there's just been too much homework. Sorry😖

I hope you'll tune into the sequel!!!!Trust me, it'll be good 😏😏😏