Chapter 15:Prison Changes You

Sarah POV

I had to visit my husband today while he was in prison. He said he had a task for me. I had no idea what, but it probably had to do with making someone's life miserable which I was happy to do. I mean that's why I married the guy. It was like a Bonnie and Clyde thing we both enjoyed.

As I walked up towards the prison there were prisoners hanging by the fence, whom I didn't recognize. I finally made it into the prison and asked to speak with Brad McCoy, they said they'd have him out in a minute. He finally came to the caller booth which I sat on the opposite side on as he plopped down into the chair with his orange prison suite on.

"Long time no see." Brad said while folding his arms.

"Indeed. What task did you want me to do exactly?" I asked.

"Well, I want that Scott guy finished but I think the best person to start of with are Scott's and Kirstie's friends. Who do you think should be the first target?" He asked.

"Right now I'm closest to Kevin, but I really don't want to see him hurt. We had our first date last night and he is the sweetest guy." I said hoping he'd let me show mercy on him.

"How about you target him first, and his friends will come crawling back to us if he goes missing. Plan another date with him, at the Lighthouse Restaurant. I'll slip him a little something." He said with a smirk.

"What something?!You wouldn't!" I practically yelled.

"Look, he'll just be asleep. Not instantly, but he'll probably say he doesn't feel well and then you'll have to drive him home or something." He said.

"If this turns out to be bad or anything, Kevin will be so mad at me and probably won't give me a second chance!" I said.

"Here's the thing, if you don't cooperate with me, you'll just have to say goodbye to your daughter." He said while holding up a picture of her.

"She's only five!" I yelled while slamming my hand down.

"Right, that way it'll be easier. And I guess you'll have to cooperate with me." He said with an evil smile.

"You know what, fine. I'll cooperate." I said. He is so stupid. I'll show him up somehow without anyone getting hurt.

"Good, my buddies will be over later tonight to help me escape. I mean, break loose of my worries." He corrected himself.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"It means I'll have my eye on you every step of the way. And you won't be able to back out of anything." He said.

"I think we're done here." I began to leave. I turned around to get one last look at him, he was waving the picture of my daughter around. My life is too messed up.

3 hours later...

Kevin POV

Man, I hope we'd go on another date. I'm just waiting for her to call. Wait. I'm the guy! I'm the one who is supposed to ask her out on a date! Thank goodness I still had her number. I dialed nervously and waited for the other end of the line to ring. It did.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked. I thought I heard a sniffle come from her like she'd been crying. I better not ask, I don't want to ruin the moment.

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about you, and us." I said trying to sound as sweet as I could.

"What about us?" I could hear her say that with a smile.

"I was just wondering if you had any plans tonight." I said edging my way towards the big question of asking out on a date.

"I don't think I do. Why?" I knew she wanted me to ask her out on a date while actually saying the word date. Not 'have any plans', but 'do you want to go on a date.'

"I was wondering if you and me could go on a date tonight?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"Sure! What time?" She asked.

"I'll pick you up around 8 if that's okay with you." I said relieved that she had said yes.

"Yup, that's fine with me! I'll see you then. Bye!" She said as she hung up first. Maybe she was eager to get ready. Apparently for girls it takes hours.

At 8 o'clock.....

"Hey!" She said as I entered her house.

"Hey! Ready to go?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, just let me grab my purse."

"Oh it's fine I'll pay!" I said as I stood by the door.

"Fine, since you offered." She said as she walked out the door.

I opened the car door for her, which she sat in the passenger side of the car. It was an almost silent drive there which was fine. I haven't been able to take in all of the scenery while in LA. Once we reached the Lighthouse Restaurant I opened Sarah's car door once again. Not so I could make an impression, just to make her feel safe.

Sarah POV

Kevin was too nice, I couldn't do this to him. I guess I had to though, or my daughter was done for which he still didn't know about. Nor did he know about my husband. We were going to get a divorce, but I couldn't see him at the prison unless I was a relative of some sort. Brad and I decided to go our separate ways though. He wanted Kirstie and right now I really want Kevin.

"Umm yes, table for two please." Kevin said as he followed the waiter which I thought I recognized. Wait, I do know him. Brad had already escaped from prison in this amount of time! Wow.

"I can start you off with some drink if you would like." He said as he handed us the menus.

"I'll have a sprite." Kevin said.

"I'll have water with lemon." I said to Brad sternly.

"Alright I'll be back with your drinks." Brad said as he left the table.

"So what shall we talked about?" I asked trying not to make things awkward.

"Oh I don't know. We could talk about you." Kevin said sweetly.

"I really don't want this night to be about me. Let's make this night about us." About five minutes into our conversation our drink came. Brad had probably put something in Kevin's drink already.

"Here you go sir." Brad said as politely as he could.

"Thanks." Kevin replied.

"Here you go ma'am." Brad said to me.

"Thanks." I said trying not give away the fact that Brad put something in Kevin's drink.

"Cheers." Kevin said as he lifted up his glass.

"Cheers." I replied as I managed a smile. I was about to stop him from drinking the sprite, but I didn't want my daughter dead. I then drank mine and realized Brad didn't slip something into Kevin's drink.

He slipped something into mine.