Chapter Eleven: 12 Months

*12 Months later*

"See you in 1 minute then."

"Bye Niall.." It was our one year anniversary. Niall and I haven't seen each other physically for 3 months. I had on a short dress that had long sleeves. It was sky blue.

A little bit later there was a knock on my apartment door and I slightly opened it. He was standing there with his arm against the door frame. He had jeans and a suit coat on. His hair looked so good. I just wanted to mess that gorgeous hair up. Dang!!! He is hawt!

"Can I help you sir?" I asked in a mock questioning tone.

"Oh I'm sorry mam.. I must have the wrong apartment number." he said. He winked and then pushed the door open. He grabbed me and started kissing my lips. He slammed the door shut behind him.

"Niall.." I said pulling away.

"Shhhh. No talking just kissing." he whispered before kissing me again then pushing me up the door. I pulled him in a little closer then turned around. I put my arms around his neck as I gently pecked his lips. As he leaned in to kiss me again I pulled away and ran into the kitchen.

"You are the worst!!" he said after following me in.

I giggled and handed him a glass with red wine.

"To one year and going strong?" He asked proposing a toast.

"Cheers." I said smiling and clinking our glasses. "How was touring hun??"

"Amazing!! Milan is gorgeous!! Guess which city wins for loudest crowd??"

"Chicago??"

"Yeah. Enough about me. How's your life going?"

"It's good. I have a dream job and my mom is traveling like she always wanted. My dad and stepmom are living in San Diego happily."

"Sounds like your life is complete." he said, his face kinda dropping.

"Niall, don't be stupid. You know I missed you everyday for these 3 months.. I have missed you so much."

"I guess."

"Oh, I forgot to tell you but um......"

"What??" Niall asked. He was genuinely scared.

"I got this." I handed him a piece of paper and watched him open it.

"SARAH!! You signed!! My girlfriend is a singer now!!!" I grinned. He looked at me and came over to my side of the island.

"I'm proud of you." He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear. Niall wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me in. "I love you Sarah."

"I love you more. Happy Anniversary hun!"

"Happy anniversary babe.." he cupped my face in his hands and started kissing me. I pulled him in by the belt loops on his jeans. We stood there embracing till I pulled away slightly. I just looked at Niall. I was tightly secured to his chest in a hug.

"How did I get so lucky?" I said aloud.

"How did I get lucky?" he said refuting my statement.

"Want dinner now?" I asked as I had prepared us salad, pasta, and cannoli for dessert.

"Sure."

---------------------------------

"So now what do you want to do?" Niall said as we cleaned up after dinner.

"I don't know. What time do you have to go home tomorrow?"

"09:00 your time. Oohh!" he ran to his bag and took his suit coat off the back of the couch and hung it up. He grabbed a bag and started walking back. I ran past him into the living room and grabbed his bag.

I patted the spot next to me on the couch after sitting. He jumped over the back of the couch and plopped next to me. We exchanged bags. "Open it!" I said to him as he looked at me.

He pulled out the card and ripped it open. He read it and as he did so, a smile crept across his face. "Yours Truly, Sarah❤️❤️ How unoriginal."

"Stop it!" I said playfully smacking his arm. He fished through the tissue paper and pulled out the package. He ripped it open. I got him two pictures. One of us together at my graduation and one of us kissing on the London Eye. Ali and I had gone to see the boys in London at the O2 Arena. I also gave him a necklace that had a small tag on it with Sarah engraved in it. The charm was like a dog tag.

"Thanks babe. I love it." he said kissing me. "Open yours now."

I grabbed the card and tore it open.

Sarah,

Thanks for bringing so much happiness and joy into my life. This past year has been the best of my life. I love you and your cooking. I am looking forward to spending a long while with you. Thanks for being so supportive and caring. Being in a relationship with me can't be easy so thanks for sticking around and not giving up on us. I love you and Happy One Year Anniversary!!!

Yours Truly,

Niall Horan❤️

"Totally not original Niall!!" I fished out another envelope and opened it. Inside were 4 plane tickets. "Niall-?"

"There are two for a trip to Mullingar and two for a trip to Barbados. We are going to meet my family and all 5 of us guys and you 5 girls are all going on vacay to Barbados."

"Niall!!!" I was flabbergasted.

"Keep going."

"Now I feel bad that you bought me all of this stuff and I only got you pictures and a guitar string bracelet with my name on it." I pulled out a box. Inside was a ring.

And a note came out as I opened the ring box.

It's a promise ring babe.

"Oh thank god!!" I said as I was scared that he was proposing. I wouldn't mind it but I hadn't even met all of his family yet. "Niall, it gorgeous!!!" It was a thick rose gold band. I slipped it on my finger and looked at him. He was looking at my hand and grinning. I grabbed his face and kissed him.

"One more thing.." he said. I opened another box and this one was a necklace. It was a simple chain and there was a small diamond charm that said Niall. He put it on my neck and I looked at him and shook my head. I couldn't believe this.

"Niall. I feel so bad now that I only got you some pictures of us and a thing with my name on it. I can't take this." I said as I started fumbling for the necklace.

"No!" he said grabbing my hands. "I am telling you. You have to take it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I love you so much and I want you to have this. It means a lot to me. I need you to have a piece of me when I'm not with you. I have all I ever need in you. I love you Sarah. I really really love you!!" He kissed me. "Please keep it." He whispered. I kissed him back.

"I will. I always will." I kissed him back. I took the empty bag on the couch and threw it off. I wrapped my arms around Niall's neck and dragged him on top of me. We laid on the couch and kissed.

"You don't have to agree with me but I'm telling you this now and will till you believe it; you are perfect. Sarah, You Are Perfect."

-------------------------------------------

Hope you guys like the story so far. I would like your input so please comment and/or inbox me.

"You gave me an infinity within my numbered days and for that, I am grateful." -Hazel Grace Lancaster ☁️☁️☁️☁️