" The same one as before?" Mordred asked

Aria shook her head with slight fear in her eyes.

" Do you want to talk about it?"

Aria shook her head once again.

Mordred was about to say something else when Violet came running into the field.

" Aria?! Aria?! "

Mordred and Aria jumped away from each other forgetting how closely they had been standing.

"Yes?" Aria called back to her best friend and maid.

"You're both needed in the council chambers, remember. Princess Mithian is telling us what happened to her kingdom" Violet informs

Aria's eyes light up in recognition. " Oh right, of course. Sorry, I forgot, thank you, Violet. We'll be right there."

Violet scurried off, but not before giving her best friend a teasing look. She had obviously seen how close to one another Aria and Mordred had been.

Aria turned towards Mordred who held out his arm for Aria to take.

" Shall we, my lady?" Mordred asked bowing slightly with a playful smile.

Aria giggled and curtsied " Lead the way, Sir Knight" she answered taking Mordred's arm.

The two laughed before they started heading towards the council chambers.

____________________________________

" They came at night. Without warning" Mithian explained as Merlin helped her sit in a chair in front of Arthur. Gwen was sitting on his right in her beautiful red down and Aria was sitting on Arthur's left with Violet slightly behind her.

" We were unprepared. We could not hold them" Mithian continues to tell the story.

" This was three days go you say?" Arthur asked

Mithian nodded, dried tears staining her cheeks" His men. They showed no mercy.  They cut us down like, corn"

Aria noticed she was hesitating quite a lot but just thought it was because she was traumatised after the past events.

Gwen and Aria looked at the girl with sympathy.

" Odin has no care for the suffering he causes" Arthur states.

" And your father?" Aria asked her friend with concern.

" He was badly wounded. But we managed to escape." Mithian answered

" Where is he now?" Arthur questioned

" We made it almost as far as the border. But he could not continue any further. Odin's men will be searching for us. It's only a matter of time before they find him." Mithian says in worry and concern.

" I see" Arthur mutters looking down.

Mithian glances at her maid, Hilda, almost in fear. Mithian hesitates but eventually speaks again.

" My father is an old man. He cannot fend for himself... I have no one else to turn to but you, Arthur... You're my only hope"

Arthur glances at Gwen and then at Aria who are both giving him pointed looks.

" Mithian, I understand how you must be feeling, and I will do everything in my power to help you," Arthur promised

Mithian's tears had now started to fall again.

" Thank you, my lord"

Arthur dismisses everyone and Aria gets up and walked over to Mithian. Hilda, who was watching from the sidelines, eyes widened with a hidden emotion when she saw Aria. She even smiled softly as the young girl approached Mithian but quickly hid it.