Midnight madness. 8

<<<<Final part>>>>

"Aaaahhhhh!!" Mama heard the scream. She jerked up from bed, having in mind not to wake Shona up from sleep.

She turned to see that Shona was no longer in the room which means only one thing.

She had also heard the scream and must have rushed to Dami's room first.

"Oh no. Oh no." Mama climbed down from bed and to Dami's room. Getting there, she was fast enough to see the look of terror in Shona eyes as she saw the way Dami was half naked with torn clothes and was chewing on a piece of paper.

Before Mama could say anything, Shona collapsed.

"It's okay." Mama shook her. "He'll become normal again by 4pm."

Shona didn't listen to her but continued to cry. "How long has he been like this?"

Shona looked at Dami who was tied to a pole and was sticking his tongue out, laughing and saying different meaningless things to himself.

"Four months now."

"Ahh!" Shona threw her hands to her head with mouth and eyes wide opened like never before. "It has been this long." she began to cry again. "Mama have you taken him to church?"

"I'm no longer a christian." snapped, Mama.

"But why? You were once a strong believer of Christ—"

Mama cut in again. "God doesn't answer my prayers."

Shona was shocked when she said that. "How? Why do you say so?"

Mama shook her head bitterly, reminiscing on the past. "I prayed for my husband but he still died."

Shona understood Mama but she also knew it wasn't an excuse for Mama to stop believing in God. She placed one hand on mama's shoulder. "I know it was hard but only God knows why he allowed such things to happen. It doesn't mean you would stop serving him."

Mama bent her head and cried. Shona tried to comfort her. With so much pressure Mama gave in and they decided that the next day, they would pray and fast.

"Let me just give this a try. All because of you though." Said Mama, at last.

Shona shook her head with a smile spread across her lip. "Yes ma—"

Mama raised a finger to stop her from saying any further.

"But if this one doesn't work. I will become a pagan for eternity."

Shona shook her head and hugged mama "It will work. Trust God."

•••••••

"My friend, drop that food. We are doing fasting and prayer today." Mama ordered.

Dami dropped the spoon in a way it made a clicking sound when it fell on the breakable plate.

He gave mama and Shona a look. "Shona, what have you done to my mother?"

Mama chuckled lightly. "I have decided to try something again for a change after so many years."

She was smiling happily since morning and Dami noticed.

"I can see you have truly done something to my mom." He finalized.