MIDNIGHT MADNESS 7.

<<<Chapter seven>>>

"Are you crying? Please wipe your tears." Aunty Ennio tried to console mama who was now thinking of the past and crying.

"Don't cry, as I've always said to you, all will be well." Aunty Ennio consoled.

Mama wiped her eyes with the end of her wrapper. "That's the problem. Every time people say 'all will be well' but it's still the same."

Aunty Ennio shook her head sideways in pity. "Don't worry. Just believe."

As they were still outside washing and discussing, a tricycle drove into their compound.

A tall, slim, light skinned girl climbed down with a 'Ghana must go' bag she was holding and paid the driver off, telling him "thank you" before he finally drove away.

Mama and Aunty Ennio was watching with confusion cause they had no idea who the girl was until she turned and when she saw them, she beamed.

"Ah!" She exclaimed, "mama long time no see." She was excited.

No body answered her but she kept talking, "the village is still the same. I really miss this place you know—" then she stopped when she saw the look of confusion in both women faces.

"Uhm.. I'm I in the wrong place?" She asked herself, looking around. "Ain't you mummy Dami?"

"I'm the one." Mama finally spoke. "Is there a problem?".

Immediately she heard that, she hugged mama tightly. "I miss youuu.."

Mama and Aunty Ennio shared a look before they looked back at the ecstatic young girl.

"Please my daughter don't be offended but who are you?" It was Aunty Ennio that asked this time.

"I'm Shona. Damien's friend." the young girl replied absent-mindedly as her eyes searched for Damien.

"Oh! you are Damien's friend, Shona. I remember you now." mama stood up to give her a proper hug. "You are welcome my daughter."

"Thank you ma."

"You look different my child. The city must be treating you well." mama complimented "You've grown so tall and beautiful."

Shona blushed. "Thank you mama. Where's Dami—" she was cut short by Dami coming out from the house and seeing her. He shouted and ran towards her with open arms. When she saw him, She threw her bag to one corner, not minding where it landed and also ran to him. Next thing, they are both in a bone cracking hug.

She was few inches taller than Damien but he carried her up and twirled her round and round in circles. She chuckled happily.

They felt like two years old babies.

"It's been like—"

"Five years." Dami completed it for her.

"Awwn." She hugged him again. "I have missed this intelligent fine bobo." She teased.