MIDNIGHT MADNESS 2.

<<<Chapter Two.>>>

After all the work Damien had to do that day, it was already late so he went home to relax.

He plopped onto his soft small bed once he got home. The day's events played in his head. He remembered after eating with Raul at Mama Emeka's restaurant, they had both walked home to give Mama her food, after which they went to Mr. Carpenter's shop.

Mr. Carpenter whose real name is 'Peter', asked Damien to work with him. Dami proceeded to work without asking questions. The only time he did ask, was when he was confused about something or did not know how to go about something. The carpenter would explain it better to him.

Raul sat down at one corner on a plank whilst watching Damien work. When Damien got tired and decided to rest a little, he bought water to drink while Raul brought out cigarette from his pocket to smoke.

Raul was a definition of his father. He was also a chronic smoker and drinker. This was one thing that normally saddens Mrs. Ennio's heart because she gave birth to six children. All, including Raul, was living a reckless life. The only difference was that Raul still cared for her while the others abandoned her just like their father.

"You want?" Raul asked passing the cigarette to Dami who didn't move to take it.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I don't smoke?" Dami asked, feeling disgusted by his cousin's act. Raul knew Dami wouldn't bulge but he always like trying to see if one day his cousin would agree to it.

"Why? Smoking is dope." Raul pressed on.

Dami shook his head. "Dope but it kills." Dami gulped down some water before he continued, "you know it's not good for your health. It might damage your lungs and—"

Raul cuts him off. "Save that lecture for my ass." Raul said stroking his ass, in demonstration.

"Your lazy ass " the carpenter chipped in and they laughed. The carpenter had come to collect a piece of plank on the floor from where they were sitting, when he heard them having that discussion and decided to add something.

"Eh.. Dami don't listen to your cousin oh. You know he is a bad influence." Mr peter added when their laughter had died down. He made it sound like a joke not to offend Raul but Dami knew he was dead serious.

"But seriously.. You have to stop smoking." Dami continued the conversation once Mr. Peter left.

"Nope." Raul replied plainly, popping the 'p' to lay emphasis to it.

Damien smiled while shaking his head in amusement.

"What's so funny?" Raul asked.

"The people that produced these stuffs you take clearly wrote on it and i quote that, 'warning! smokers are reliable to die young' and you still take them?" Dami asked.

Raul drew a puff of smoke out of his nose and hissed. "I thought you wanted to say something sensible." He drew in the smoke and drew it out again. "I know of a man who has been smoking since he was Ten and now he is seventy, he hasn't died and you are talking about me who started smoking at the age of fifteen and I'm just twenty." He added.