Chapter 4

"Alex." I hear someone say."Alex,it's time to get dressed."

I slowly open up my eyelids and freeze when I see Haymich. Why is he....oh....the games.

"I'm awake." I say easing up and jumping out of bed while constantly rubbing my eyes from sleep.

"They want the games to begin a little earlier than planned. The hovercraft is waiting for you outside." He says with sadness clear in his voice.

My eyes grow wide as I hear this. After having a peaceful,dreamless sleep,I wake up to a living nightmare. The Capital must want to scare the scrap out of the tributes or at least just me. The Fandoms must be used to this by now.

"I'll hurry up and get dressed but you have to wait outside." I say with a serious face while pointing to the door.

He puts his hands up in mock surrender and quickly leaves,shutting the door behind him.

I walk over to the mirror and begin brushing the knots out of my hair. When I finish,I put my combat boots back on since I'm already wearing my outfit. The Capital only allows the stylist to do the outfits for the interview and the chariot rides since the games changed which was after the rebellion. That means I can where anything I want in the games.

When I walk out,Haymich places his large hand on my back and leads my down a few twisted hallways and onto an elevator that takes us to the bottom floor. When we reach the bottom floor,we walk out to where the huge hovercraft waits for me. Haymich stop me halfway to the hovercraft entrance and turns around to face me. He places his hands on my shoulders and says, "When you find Katniss,tell her to keep up with the whole starcrossed lovers from District 12 thing. She may not believe that I truly sent you after her."

"Ok." I say not understanding who the 'starcrossed lovers from District 12' are.

"Ok." He walks back into the elevator and waves me goodbye and I wave back. I hope this truly isn't goodbye,because not only did I decide to accept his advice on the last day,but he decided to show me how caring he truly was. Because of Haymich,I want to live. I want to survive and start that second rebellion with or without Katniss. He has made me realize that I can help save these innocent lives that will be killed in future years if not stopped.

I watch as the elevator doors close,and shoots back up to where it once was,hoping that it'll come back down so that I can leave and go home,but I know it won't. Even if it did,there is even a horror that lies at home,starvation and my hopeless mother.

I turn back toward the hovercraft and jog my way to it while trying to hold on to the hope that things will be better after this. After this one,deadly game.