Chapter 14: House of Decisions

When Nina and Joy walked into the common room at the school for lunch, there was a commotion. All of the Anubis House residents were there, well almost all of them.

"What's going on?" Nina asked.

"Patricia's gone!" Mara said.

"What?!" Nina and Joy said together.

"She went home," Mara said.

"What?! Why?" Nina and Joy both said again.

"Ok, could you two please stop talking at the same time?" Mara asked.

"Sorry, When did she leave?" Joy asked.

"I dont know," Mara said. "When I went back to the house to get something, all of her stuff was gone," Joy ran out of the common room, going to the House.

Mr Sweet walked in and everybody bombarded him with questions.

"Why did she leave?"

"Is she coming back?"

"Did aliens take her?"

"This is like Joy leaving all over again."

"Miss Millington, I would appreciate it if you wouldn't bring that up and no Mr Lewis I assure you that aliens did not take her." Mr Sweet said. "And to answer the rest of your questions, Patricia has left for personal reasons, that I will not reveal. I would suggest that you wait before you try to contact her." Everybody then began to pull out their cellphones to call or text Patricia. Mr Sweet sighed and walked back to his office. Mara went to the House to see if Joy was ok.

Joy ran into her room to see that Patricia's side of the room was bare. Joy attempted to call her, but her phone was switched off. She sat on her bed trying not to cry. She noticed a piece of paper lying under her pillow. Curiously she pulled it out and read:

Joy, 

    I know you'll be the first one back to see if I'm gone, so I hope you'll be the first and only person to read this. I'm sorry I have left without an explanation but I can't handle any goodbyes right now. I can't say much but right now I feel as though everyone has abandoned me. Eddie is more worried about fulfilling his duties as Osirian, and you've been busy hanging with Mara. You're still my best friend, I just need some time to sort some things out. I'm not even sure if I'll come back next term, but I promise to keep in touch. Just wait for me to call, yeah? I'm sorry again for leaving like this.

talk to you soon

Patricia

Joy was folding up the note when Mara walked in.

"Is that from Patricia?" Mara asked. "When is she coming back? Did she say?"

"She's not coming back," Joy said. She put the letter in her pocket.

"What? Why" Mara asked. "Can I read that?"

"Ummm, no..." Joy said. Mara looked shocked.

"O...kay?"

"Look can we just get back to working on the website?" Joy said trying to change the subject. "I have an article to write." She walked out of the room before Mara could protest.

Back at the school Nina, Fabian, and Amber were all talking. Eddie was somewhat listening to the conversation.

"I feel like this is somewhat my fault" Nina said.

"Why do you always blame yourself for everything?" Fabian asked.

"Because sometimes it is," Amber said. "Like when..."

"Amber!" Fabian whispered. "Not helping."

"If its anybody's fault its mine!" Eddie said. "I guess maybe I was too hard on her."

"You had no way of knowing that this was going...." Nina started to say. Joy came walking back into the common room. She walked up to Eddie and slapped him in the face. Everybody was schocked.

"What was that for?" Eddie asked.

"You know exactly what that was for!" Joy snapped. "You're the reason Patricia left, because you had to go and break her heart. Who do you think you..." Fabian pulled Joy back. She shoved him off

"And for the rest of you, I know you had something to do with her leaving," Joy said. "You know, if you're going to keep secrets from everybody, I don't know why I wanted to be in your gang anyway." She went to walk away.

"Joy wait!" Nina said. Joy stopped in her tracks. "Guys, we really need to talk!"

At the Sibuna meeting place, everybody was quiet. Joy sat away from everybody, her arms crossed.

"I know after everything that's going on, we need to stay together, more than ever!" Nina said. "What if this is what the spirit wants, to split us up! I don't want that to happen. We've already lost two people, Patricia and Alfie"

"Well, Alfie is going to find out that we're lying to him, sooner or later," Amber pointed out.

"Well, its your job to make sure that he doesn't" Fabian said. Nina pointed out.

"What about us?" Eddie asked pointing to him and Joy.

"If you guys are serious about being official Sibuna members..." Nina said.

"I'm not so sure anymore," Joy said standing up. "I've almost lost my life...twice, and now I may have lost my best friend, because of you guys!"

"Look Joy, we had no way of knowing exactly how things were going to turn out!" Fabian said. "It was Patricia's choice to leave the group, we couldn't stop her."

"But one thing is for sure," Nina said. "We need your help! Fabian was right from the beginning, we should have included you!"

"I can't believe I'm saying this," Amber said. "But we could really use you Joy."

"Promise to tell me everything?" Joy asked.

"Promise!" Nina said. They all smiled.

"Alright, I'm in," Joy said. They all smiled.

"Ok, tonight we make it official!" Nina said. "Sibuna?" She covered her right eye. Everybody covered her right eye.

"Sibuna!"

Author's Note: Here it is! Chapter 14 :) What do you guys think? Please comment, vote, recommend! Thank you for all the reads! I've been trying to update at least once a week, but I've been busy with school, and that comes first!

Chapter 15 coming soon! :)