Chapter 21: House of Moy?

Early the next morning Joy crept downstairs wearing a T-shirt and sweatpants. She sat on the bottom of the stairs waiting until Mick came out. When he did, he paused when he saw her.

"Umm....Joy?" he said shocked. "What are you doing up this early?"

"I thought maybe we could go for a run together," she said. He stared at her. "....If that's ok with you?" He laughed.

"I'm sorry Joy," Mick said. "You just don't look like the sporty type"

"So in other words you don't think I can out run you in a race?" Joy joked.

"Why do you want to go on a run with me so badly?" Mick asked. Joy was quiet for a moment.

"Well, because I've had a lot on my mind lately and running is a good way to clear your head right?"

"Sure..I guess" Mick said. "Is that the only reason you want to run with me?"

"Uhh...yeah!" Joy said. "The one and only" Mick shrugged.

"Well, come one then!" he said heading for the door. 

"All right," Joy said running past him. "Last one to the library and back is a rotten banana!" Mick looked at her curiously then ran after her. Nina and Amber were getting ready for school. Amber was very quiet. Normally she was constantly asking Nina on what she should wear. 

"Are you ok Amber?" NIna asked.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Amber asked.

"Come on Amber," Nina said. "You're my best friend, I know when somethings up"

"I miss Alfie!" Amber said. "And now that Piper's here, he's forgotten all about me"

"He didn't forget you," Nina said. "He's just mad is all. You lied to him, we all lied to him"

"What should I do?" Amber asked.

"You're asking my for relationship advice?"

"Unfortunately yes," Amber said. "Desperate times call for desperate measures"

"What would Victoria Beckham do?" Nina asked.

'How would I know?" Amber cried. "Its nots like I can talk to her! Come on Nina, I really need your help."

"Ok, well um...maybe you should wait a bit, let him cool down & then talk to him"

"But that will give Piper enough time to make a move!" Amber cried. "I cannot let that happen!"

"Amber, if things are meant to work out they will, you just have to give it some time" NIna said.

"So in the meantime I should come up with ways to win him back!" Amber said. She grabbed her books and walked out the door.

"Thats not what I meant" Nina called grabbing her books and following her down the stairs. On the way down they saw Alfie walking towards the front door.

"Alfie, aren't you doing to have breakfast?" Amber asked.

"Not in the mood for food," Alfie said and walked out the door.

"Wow, he must be really upset," Amber said. "He never skips breakfast"

"Just give him some time Amber," Nina said. They went into breakfast. Fabian, Jerome, and Eddie were there.

"Did Alfie leave without having some of my eggs?" Trudy asked. "Whats the matter with him?"

"I think he's down in the love dumps," Jerome said with a laugh. "Hows it feel to be the dumpee instead of the dumper?"