Chapter 29: House of Fight

Back in the city, Mara and Poppy were trying to sneak back into the hotel. They made it into the lobby without being seen.

"Now, we just need to get upstairs..."

"Without getting caught?" they hear someone say. They turned to see Mr Sweet sitting in a chair in the dark.

"Mr Sweet!" Mara said. "What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you the same question but I think you already figured that out," Eric said. "I noticed several of the beds were empty and figured it was only a matter of time before you came back. Now why don't you tell me where the rest are? And you Poppy, I thought you were supposed to be ill?"

"Uh...yeah, we just went outside to get some fresh air." Poppy said.

"You look rather well to me."

"Why didn't you head up to bed. We'll talk about this with your father in the morning." He turned to Mara as Poppy went upstairs.

"I don't..."

"Mara, something is going on and I think its important you tell me everything."

"Mr Sweet..."

"Is my son in danger?"

"I think we all are."

In the center of the tomb, there was a crack in the floor and as they moved closer to it, they could see only darkness, complete darkness.

"Fabian!" they heard someone call from across the room. They looked to see Nina chained to one of the pillars.

"Nina!" The only way they could reach her was by jumping over the crack. "Hold on Nina! We're coming!"

"No!" Nina yelled. "You shouldn't be here. Get out of here!"

"We're not leaving without you!" Fabian yelled. He looked at the hole and swallowed. "Eddie, I don't think I can make it."

"Don't worry, I got this!' Eddie said. He moved backwards to get a head start then running as fast as he could, he easily made the jump across.

"Eddie, it was a trap!" Nina said as he tried to break the lock. "I told you, you shouldn't have come!"

"What do you mean?" Fabian asked.

"She needs the Osirion and the Chosen One!"

"So we're just playing into their hands?" Alfie asked.

"She's right," they heard a voice say. "And now that you're here, there is no way you can escape."

"Uh, hello! You're forgetting there's a door!" Amber said. As she said it, the wall closed sealing them inside. "Oh, never mind." Amber hid behind Alfie, frightened. He held her hand.

"Nina, what's going on?" Fabian asked.

"You're about to find out." Against the wall, a sarcophagus opened and out stepped Patricia. And next to her, the spirit appeared. "Thank you Eddie, for coming straight to us. Patricia had said that you would fall for it." Eddie was quiet. "She has proven most useful."

"Just let her go," Eddie said. "Do whatever you want with me. Let her go."

"I'm afraid I can't do that just yet. I still have need of her," the spirit said. "And it appeared to me that you didn't need her in the first place."

"What are you..."

"You abandoned her," the spirit said. "She was left alone and none of you cared."

"We do care," Nina said. "She knows that, don't you Patricia?"

"If you cared, you would have listened to me," Patricia said. She no longer souned like Patricia, but a zombie version of her. "But I don't need you anymore."