Chapter 6: House of Enemies

The next day Fabian and Nina were walking to the library talking about what happened.

"What did she mean by 'I found you'?" Fabian wondered. "She already knows you're the Chosen One."

"I'm not worried about that," Nina said. "I think the big question is how she got out of that fiery pit we sent her to. I thought she was gone for good."

"I know. It doesn't make any sense," Fabian said. At the library, they presented Jasper with their idea.

"I like it," Jasper said. "I will bring it up with Mr. Sweet and get back to you. In the meantime you guys can work on reorganizing the books on the second floor. I want them shelved according to subject and author." Nina sighed and followed Fabian upstairs.

At the school Mara and Jerome were talking.

"Have you decided what it is you want to do?" Mara asked. Jerome shook his head.

"I don't know what I'm good at besides pulling pranks," he said. "And what kind of career would that bring me?"

"You could be a clown?" Mara suggested jokingly.

"Funny, I can see it now. Jerome the clown," Jerome said playing along. Then shook his head. "No, I don't think that would please my dad too much."

"What about sports?" Mara asked. "You were pretty good at that ping pong tournament last term."

"Well that's because the other team were a bunch of cheating wannabes," Jerome said.

"But you did have fun?" Mara asked.

"Well ya...but," Jerome admitted.

"It doesn't matter if you're good at it just as long as you have fun," Mara said. Jerome looked at her. "My parents are athletes remember? I grew up learning this stuff."

"Right," Jerome said. "Well as much fun as it sounds, I don't think its a good idea."

"Why not?" Mara asked. "Is this because of Mick?"

"Well, having your current boyfriend and ex-boyfriend working together is not a good idea," Jerome said.

"I think you should do it," Mara said. "I am not going to enjoy my summer if you guys are going to argue all the time. It will give you some time to work things out." Jerome hesitated. "Please? Do it for me?" She gave him a smile.

"Ok," Jerome caved. "How can I resist that smile." Mara smiled again. "I'll go talk to Mr Sweet."

During lunch break Nina and Fabian were sitting in the common room. Amber was talking to Miss Valentine. When she was done, she walked over to Nina and Fabian.

"So what are we going to do about Senkhara?" Amber asked. Nina and Fabian looked at each other.   

"What do you mean 'we'?" Nina asked. "You aren't a Sibuna anymore remember?" Amber frowned.

"Seeing as she was stalking me in my dreams & is now after Nina again I think I have a right to know what's going on," she said firmly.

"She does have a point," Fabian said. "And besides, you didn't officially back out of Sibuna." Nina and Amber looked confused.

"I didn't?" Amber said. Nina understood what Fabian was saying.

"Remember how Alfie and Patricia gave their Sibuna sign when they backed out?" Nina asked.

"Yeah," Amber said. "And your point is?"

"You didn't give your Sibuna sign," Fabian said. "And that would mean..."

"I'm still a Sibuna!" Amber squealed. "Right?" 

"I don't know..." Nina teased. "You just have to promise you won't back out again!"

"I promise!" Amber said. They all covered their right eye and said Sibuna. "From now on, Once a Sibuna always a Sibuna" Nina and Fabian agreed.

In the computer room Patricia and Joy were working on the ideas for the website (well Joy was) and Mara was working on her French papers.

"Patricia!" Joy said. "You could help me out with this, you know."

"I could, but I've got a lot of stuff on my mind right now," Patricia said.

"Like what?" Joy asked. "You mean Sib..." Patricia gave her a look pointing at Mara. Joy went quiet.

"You mean stuff?" Joy said trying to cover her tracks. Mara looked at her. Patricia rolled her eyes. "Tell you what, to get your mind off it, how about we do something tonight? A girl's night! Are you in Mara?"

"Sorry, Jerome and I are going out for a bit after dinner," Mara said and continued with her work.

"Ok, so its just me and you," Joy said to Patricia.

"Actually, Eddie and I are going out as well," Patricia said.

"Well what am I supposed to do tonight?" Joy said. "I hate being single."

"Then find a boyfriend!" Mara said. She was tired of hearing Joy's complaints.

"Thats kind of hard Mara when the only guy she likes is taken," Patricia pointed out. 

"I've told you," Joy said. "I'm over Fabian. He's with Nina and if that is what makes him happy, I'm happy. And besides, there's no one left for me to date. Everybody's taken."

"Except Mick," Mara said. They all looked at each other and laughed.

"I don't think so," Joy said. "We aren't even that close as friends. It totally wouldn't work out." But the idea stuck in her head.

After dinner Nina, Amber, and Fabian were in Nina and Amber's room reading books.

"Remind me why we are doing this again," Amber asked in a bored voice.

"We're looking for any information about Senkhara, the Unknown Ruler, or the Mask of Anubis," Nina said.

"It's imperital that we find out as much as we can about them to figure out how Senkhara got loose," Fabian said looking through a book. 

"If she got loose," Nina said in a somewhat hopeful voice.

"Well, its best that we be sure," Fabian said. Nina thought of something.

"Wait, if Senkhara is back...."Nina said. "Then that means....." Fabian understood what she was saying.

"No, Nina...it can't be!" Fabian said.

Author's Note: Sorry it took so long to update, I was experiencing some writer's block. Well, what did you guys think?

Do you think Senkhara's back or is someone playing games with them? And what does Nina mean at the end of the chapter?

It looks like Joy feels left out now that her friends all have boyfriends and she is left alone most of the time. Will she find someone worth her time or will she find something else to occupy her time?

Chapter 7 coming soon. Come check out my fan club on twitter @hoa_usa.