Chapter 8 : The Jock fell in love with the Nerd

"Loving can hurt"

"Loving can hurt"

I closed my eyes and rest my head on the wall behind me. In front of me is the beautiful scene of LA skyline. The sun is going down with the hue of red, orange and yellow.

Its beautiful. Its peaceful.

If it were any other day, then I would've taken a the perfect instagram picture of this beautiful scene which would've gotten me thousands of likes, but not today.

Today, I just closed my eyes and with music blasting to my ears from the headphones I put on hours ago.

I just sat there with my eyes closed not really focusing on the cars buzzing about and the breeze fanning my hair all over my face but just listening to the words of the song playing. Just drowning in the music.

"Loving can hurt sometimes"

"But it's the only thing that I know"

"Hey! Hey wait!" A voice stops me in my tracks in the middle of the hallway. I stop and keep my head down. I hear footsteps approaching me. My heart starting beating fast.

I don't want people to notice me. The quite, shy nerd who never talks to anyone. I don't want them to realize that my father owns this school. That would mean way too much attention from people. I just want to finish and get over with my junior year as quietly as possible.

"You're Celine right ? Celine Davis?" A boy says turning me around with a hand on shoulder. his voice is sweet and soft. I got a strong scent of aftershave from him. I kept my head down not bothering to look up at him. I don't know my but I got a strong urge to look up and when he asked me again, I gave into this urge and looked him right in the eyes.

"You're is my chemistry class" he said. I gulped and looked up to have my breath snatched away from me. Looking right back at me with doe light brown eyes was the school's golden boy, star Quarterback and my crush Caleb Williams.

He was the most beautiful boy I've seen in my life. I've been practically in love with him for as long as I can remember. I've never really talked to him before. I shared a few classes with him but he never noticed me.

I snapped back into reality when I saw his eyebrows creased. He was obviously expecting me to say something but I couldn't. No words left my mouth no matter how hard I tried.

He was looking at me intensely. His eyes shifted between my eyes.

There was complete silence between us. No one spoke a word. I could feel the tension intensifying.

We just looked in each other's eyes. Until Caleb suddenly dropped his hand from my shoulder and stepped back. He cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck uneasily.