o33: She Wolf

Melissa stood in the center of an empty room. The walls led to oblivion and the floors were empty and black. At the far end of the room and apparition of a plain black door appeared on the wall. Slowly she walked toward the door, the sound of her heels hitting the floor echoed throughout the nothingness. Her hand touched the knob of the door and she felt as though something hit her hard in the chest. She woke up abruptly and looked around the room. Everyone was still fast asleep in their own little dream worlds. Melissa dressed quickly and walked into the common room, slipping her wand into her boot. A tall blonde boy was sitting on the couch and she walked around it to see Draco fast asleep. She smiled lightly and knelt down in front of him.

“Draco,” she said softly, shaking his leg. His grey eyes slowly blinked open, and he stretched out his arms sleepily. He sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes.

“Morning,” Melissa said with a small laugh. “Go to the dormitory and go back to sleep,” she said, grabbing his hand and pulling him to his feet.

“Where’re you going?” he asked lazily.

“McGonagall’s office, I’ll meet you for lunch.” She said with a soft smile.

“Alright,” he said and kissed her on the head before heading to the boys’ dormitory. She smiled, watching him leave, and walked out of the common room and headed for the Transfiguration room. Melissa hummed as she walked through the corridors. The sun was slowly rising in the sky, sunlight streaking through the windows and onto the grounds. As she reached the door of the classroom Melissa shuttered at the sound of a high-pitched girlie voice. After taking a deep breath, she opened the door with a wide smile on her face.

“Hello Professor McGonagall and Professor Umbridge, how are you today ma’am?” she said, smiling politely at Umbridge. She cleared her throat and giggled lightly.

“Hello Ms. Penbrooke, I was just inquiring to Professor McGonagall to allow me to sit in on your lesson.” She said smiling evilly. Melissa looked over at McGonagall to see her teacher’s face bright red with anger.

“Of course you can,” Melissa said as though it were blatantly obvious. “We were just going over transfiguring animals into kitchenware.” Melissa said with a smile, taking her wand out of her boot.

The lesson went on boringly, being taught spells she’d mastered in her third year wasn’t exactly all too exciting to her. A yawn occasionally left her mouth as she pretended to have a little issue with the spells. Umbridge sat in the corner, happy with the content that was being taught. At the end of an hour Melissa said farewell to the professors and walked down the corridor, waiting for Umbridge to leave. Once she was sure the professor was gone Melissa ran back into the room, shaking her head bitterly.

“Shall we get something done now?” McGonagall asked, shaking her head feverishly as she flicked her wand at the door. It shut quietly and locked many times over.

“I can tell you two really get off,” said Melissa with a laugh and McGonagall glared at her student, only making Melissa laugh a tad harder.

“Let’s get on with it, Penbrooke,” McGonagall said, shaking her head.