Vacker Drama

What did I do?

Sophie shook her head, trying to get a grip on her reeling head. 

Her mind flashed back to New Year's Eve, sharing the first kiss of the year with Keefe. The way it was all so hazy and dreamy, with the gazebo lights twinkling down on them, mimicking the stars above. His blond hair like a halo of warm light, his warmth that enveloped her, his icy blue eyes looking electric- 

Her thoughts snapped back to yesterday, a totally different kiss. Abrupt and fleeting, yet sincere and innocent. Fitz's bewildered teal eyes, a faint smile pulling on his lips. The way she felt when she leaned into him, as if the world could be falling into the sun... and it wouldn't matter.  

"I guess I'll just have to choose Iggy." Sophie said, stroking Iggy in between his ears. He made a purring sound, then bit her hand suddenly.

"Ow! Why'd you do that?" Sophie quickly deposited him on the ground. 

"That's basically what you did to them." A voice said from the doorway. 

"What?" Sophie asked to the owner of the voice. 

"To Keefe and Fitz. You're super hard to figure out." Marella explained, walking over to sit by Sophie.

"So you're here to be the sympathetic friend?" 

" Yeah, if you want. I thought you might need a little help after that big debate debacle." 

Sophie rolled her eyes. 

"That was a nice thought." Sophie said, thinking about what the debate caused. " I guess I do need help." 

Marella scooted closer. 

"So you kissed Fitz-" 

"WAIT! How did you know about that?" Sophie cried, eyes wide. Marella shrugged. 

"I was walking through the halls, and I just happened to see you two. Very cute, by the way." 

Marella took out her phone, which depicted Sophie and Fitz, kissing in the hall. 

"AAAHH!" Sophie deleted it. Marella raised a blonde brow. 

"I back up all of my pictures in the cloud you know." 

Sophie deflated. "Don't show that to anyone!" 

"Oh, I won't. As long as you cooperate." 

Sophie slid suspicious eyes to Marella's face. 

"Wait! Is this blackmail? Because if it is: 

1. this is really not cool, and 

2. will there be an ultimatum like in the movies?" 

Marella shook her head, but she was smiling a little, which was Sophie's intent. Get on her good side. Show her that you're human. 

Wait, aren't those tips for when you're being kidnapped? 

"Sophie?" Marella snapped her fingers in front of her face. 

"Sorry, it was a lot to process. What were you saying?" 

"I was saying, you have to pick between Fitz and Keefe. And I want you to pick Keefe." 

"What? You're trying to blackmail me into who I should like?" Sophie scoffed, done trying to be nice. 

"Yeah. Fitz is way too good for you. And if you decide to do the opposite, I'm going to leak this picture to the entire school. Imagine this: you walk into a rally, and the huge screen is this picture... of you. And Fitz. And what? You're kissing! But isn't that against Foxfire campus rules? Hmm... I guess we'll find out."