Put me in, Coach

Chapter 45: Put me in, Coach
Berk Park&Fields
June 3
4:30 pm
Astrid POV:
It was a hot and sunny day in Berk City. The sun was beaming down on the town, radiating lots of heat in early June. I had on my sunglasses as I chewed my mint gum. Hiccup was coaching Freyas Softball team, and they had there first game.
I drove into the parking lot and unbuckled my seat belt. Freya has her very first ball game today. Her jersey was black and had a dragon on it that said "Berk City Dragons" She had to French braids, socks, cleats, and her softball pants on. She giggled and opened the door.
"Are you excited?" I ask her and she nodded. "I hope I do good!" She squeals and grabbed her softball bag from the car. She hurled it over her shoulder and wiped the dust off her arms. I put a Gatorade in her helmet and I saw Hiccup walk into the dugout, we drove separate.
He was wearing a cap, had on shorts and a spirit wear. He smiled at us and waved for Freya.
"Freya! Let's warm up." He says and I took Blake out of the car. "Now! Let's go get some drinks and food then we can put some sunscreen on you ok buddy?" I say and he smiled. Blake stuck out his tongue and cringed his face. "I'll take that as a yes!" I say and slam my car door shut.
——————————————————————
Astrid POV:
4:55pm
I finished grabbing my drinks and snacks from the concession stand, and walked over to the dugout. I put up my chair in the shade, and sat down. I put Blake in my lap and turned him towards the field. Hiccup exchanged gaming trackers with the other team and shook hands.
"Game." The umpire says and flipped on his mask. Freya ran out onto the field and my eyes widened. Freya was playing the position I played in school, first base.
"GO BABY!" I screamed and she waved at me. The girl that was batting kept missing the ball, and she struck out. Same with the other girl. 2 outs.
Freya was growing tired of standing there and not getting any playing time, and I didn't blame her, the other team clearly sucked. The last batter came up and she looked fierce—ready to hit. Her coach, Hiccup, pitched her the ball, and she softly hit it to Evan, who was playing second base.
He scooped the ball with his glove, and Freya was ready for the ball. Evan threw it to Freya and she caught it in her glove. She got an out!
"YES! GO FREYA! WOO HOO!" I cheered and Freya gave the ball back to Hiccup, who was cheering her on. She smiled and waved at me, all smiling. My daughter was enjoying this sport and it made her so happy. She walked over to me, still in the dugout. She stuck her fingers through the cage and looked at me. "Sweet pea I'm so proud of you!" I squeal and she smiled. "Thanks Mommy." She says and blew me a kiss. "Freya! Your on deck!" Hiccup yells from the field. "You've got this," I tell my baby girl, and she furrowed her brows. "Yes I do." She said and grabbed her bat.
Her teammate struck out and came into the dugout angry. I don't know why they were so hard on themselves, I mean, they were only 6 or 7. Freya put on her helmet and didn't pick up the T. Instead, she wanted Hiccup to pitch to her.
"Ok Freya. You've got this." Hiccup says, and Freya got in her stands. Hiccup threw the pitch and Freya swung. She was a little late. "Your a little late, swing quicker." Hiccup says and Freya nodded. Freya gripped her bat harder and waited for Hiccup to pitch her the ball. He did. She swung and hit the ball to shortstop.
She ran as fast as her little legs could go! My daughter hit the ball.
"RUN FREYA RUN!" I screamed as the shortstop boy missed the ball and it rolled to the outfield. Freya continued to hold her helmet and run?
"Well she doesn't need to hold her helmet." I mutter to myself and she made it to third base. Hiccup and her team cheered and her best friend, Evan was up to bat. "Ok Evan you've got this buddy." Hiccup exclaims and Evan hit the ball on his first try. He hit it to second base since he was a lefty, and Freya ran over home plate, giving the DRAGONS a point.
"YSS! WOO HOO! GOOD JOB FREYA! GOOD HIT EVAN!" I screamed and Freyas team ran and hugged her.
——————————————————————
Astrid POV:
"So Freya? How'd you like your first game?" I ask as we entered the house. "I loved it mommy! It was great and I will forever play." She says and flopped on the couch. "Honey you did so good! I'm so proud of you, and playing first base suits you well." Hiccup said to Freya and winked at me. "Thanks daddy!" She exclaims and wrapped her arms around Hiccups neck. He sniffed and plugged his nose.
"Ewww! Stinky!" Hiccup exclaims and Freya glared at him. "You smell more!" She hollered and hiccup chuckled, but then sniffed himself. "Man I do smell, but that's because I'm a man!" He told Freya and stood up. She smirked and Hiccup and walked down the hallway to her room. "Your a man but you smell anyway! Maybe YOU should take a shower!" Freya said and Hiccup snickered.
"Hey Freya!" He calls and she turned around, folding her arms. "Why did sally bring her skunk to school?" Hiccup asks and Freya giggled, but shrugged her shoulders. "FOR SHOW AND SMELL!" Hiccup hollered and laughed his eyes lit, holding his stomach. Freya rolled her eyes and went into the bathroom.
"Oh my Thor Hiccup." I say and handed him Blake. "Your on baby duty. I'm helping Freya with her shower." I groan and walked to the bathroom.
"Now YOU smell." Hiccup exclaims to Blake and sniffed him. "Oh you didn't."