Better Place

Chapter 34: Better Place
Moments later
Author POV:
*BEEP BEEP BEEP!*
The ambulance rolled into the scene, and the 2 paramedics hopped out of there car, and went to get their medical gear from the back. They grabbed their bags and a gurney, and rushed over to the front of the ambulance.
"Over here!" The medic yelled as he and his partner ran the gurney over to the woman in the vehicle. He was followed by firefighters, who immediately checked the woman's status. The medics checked her pulse, and gasped. "She's pregnant!" The man yelled and went out from the tipped over car. "You have to get her out of that car! That baby's survival depends on it!" The paramedic says sternly, and the firefighters began to tear apart the GMC door, to get to the badly injured woman.
——————————————————————
Author POV:
*30 minutes later*
"Classified by a witness, Astrid Rose Henry-Hofferson, 26, in a major car account out by the schools, pregnant, and we incubated her in the field," The paramedic says, as he rushed in with Astrid Rose Henry-Hofferson on the gurney, badly injured. "Thank you we will take it from here!" Doctor Mala Deranged says and rushed into Trauma 1 with the female patient.
"Ok! She has a broken jaw, it's completely closed!" The plastic surgeon says as he examined her jaw, and Astrid began to moan, awakening. "Page Ortho, and general and probably neuro as well." Doctor Mala orders, and the nurse ran out of the room.
"She also has a broken right leg, and wait! Her stats are dying!" Doctor Mala screams, and she ran an X-Ray. "Her lung is collasping!" She screamed and the nurses handed her a knife. She cut a straight line into Astrid's side, and inserted a Tube into her lung, in which Astrid started coughing hysterically on the table. "Breathe Ms. Hofferson!" The plastics man says, and the many other doctors rushed in.
"No signs of neuro damage!" The Neuro surgeon says and dashed out of the room. "But! She has internal bleeding in her abdomen! Page general and pediatrics! Her baby is coming out now!" Doctor Mala screams, and was about to walk out when someone grabbed her arm.
"Call-call my boyfriend, Hiccup haddock," She breathed heavily, and passed out again. "Call her boyfriend and family," Doctor Mala says to the nurse, who hurled out of the room. "We're gonna save you sweetie," Doctor Mala tells Astrid, and took her gurney to the OR.
——————————————————————
Hiccup POV:
*At school*
"Now! Silent kids! Quietly down to the lecture hall for your first fundraiser!" I order the kids, and they walk down the halls. I then saw Freyas class appear, and she was talking to a boy. I rose a brow and she waved at me. I waved at her and blew a kiss, and she did the same.
"Your dads the Vice Principal?" The boy cutely asks her, and she nodded. She passed me, all smiles and went to the lecture hall. Then I felt my phone buzz, and I slid my hand down my pocket. It was a hospital number?
"Hello?" I answer, still directing kids to the lecture hall. "Hello? Is this Mr. Haddock?" A woman says through the phone. "This is he," I say and close the doors, exiting off the kids from leaving the hall. "Mr. Haddock, your girlfriend is in the hospital. She was in a serious car accident, and she needs you," the lady says and in that moment, worry filled me. I hung up the phone and dashed down the stairs to the hall. I swiped Freya from her friends, in which teachers and students stared at me.
I dashed down the halls, with Freya in my halls, and me still wearing a tux. "Daddy! What are you doing!" Freya screams and I bursted outside the school. "Mommy's in the hospital!" I screamed and opened the car doors, putting Freya in her seat and buckled her up. "Is she ok?" Freya asks, getting scared. "No baby she isn't!" I cry out and sped all the way to the hospital.
——————————————————————
Hiccup POV:
*3 hours later*
Me and Freya sat down with the gang, in the waiting room waiting for any news. It had been hours, and I was starting to worry more than ever. I went back up to the nurse station, and the nurse looked at me.
"Any more news?! I've been here for 3 hours!" I wail and the nurse shook her head, disappointed. I ran my fingers through my hair and sat back down. Freya crawled on my lap, and laid her head on my chest.
*1 hour later*
I was shakened away by someone, and I blinked my eyes open, because I had fallen asleep with Freya. I was now wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt because Heather had brought me some comfy clothes to wear.
I widened my eyes to see the doctor, and I slid Freya into the seat next to me, and looked back at Doctor Mala. She put a hand on my shoulder and looked at me.
"Mr. Haddock we have much to talk about."