Run, Baby Run

Chapter 23: Run Baby, Run
4 days later
December 23rd
Astrid POV:
I wiped my mouth and put the bucket down again. I had been sick for 3 days and had lived on the couch in my living room. Freya was still sleeping, and I didn't let her touch me if I had the flu. Hiccup was at work, since he was now Vice Principal he worked longer.
I had normal flu symptoms, and it sucked. I wrapped the blankets around me again, but quickly removed them to take a sip of Sprite. I then wrapped myself in the fuzzy blankets again and turned on tv. I went to Netflix and clicked on Greys Anatomy.
I was watching Season 9 episode 7, since I've rewatched Greys Anatomy like 5 million times. I then held my stomach, feeling like I was going to get sick again, but I didn't. I took deep breaths, and got up.
I went over to the bathroom, and stripped out of my clothes. I turned the water on, making it hotter than usual to hopefully help my stomach. I poured the bubble bath bottle into the water, creating bubbles in an instant. I then whipped my hair up in a messy bun and sunk myself into the water. I felt like I was immediately cured for the time being, no longer sick.
I then heard a small knock at the bathroom door. Freya. "Come in sweet pea," I say and the door opened. It revealed a just awoke Freya. Her hair was now in a crazy, and tangled braid.
"Mommy, are you still sick?" She says I sat up in the water. "Yes honey I am. But you can come in and sit down and talk to me if you want, just keep your distance," I say and she nodded. She threw her blanket out the door and shut it again. She climbed on top of the toilet seat and sat down.
"Why are you sick mommy?" Freya asks and I sighed. "It's hopefully just the flu, I don't know what else it could be. But if it doesn't go away in the next day or two, I'm going to the doctor," I say and Freya sighed. "What's wrong sweet pea?" I say, feeling my daughters distress. She sighed and messed with her braid, that now hung over her shoulder.
"I just miss you, since your sick I haven't been able to see you as much, because you need distance so I'm not sick either. And I also miss daddy, it's been a very long time since I've seen him and I'll never hug him again," Freya speaks, and tear slid down her cheek. "Are you leaving me too?" She asks and my eyes widened. I immediately sat up in the water and turned towards Freya.
"Come here sweet pea," I say and reach my hands out. She comes over to me and she took my hands. I wiped her little tears away and I tilted her chin up to look at me. "Oh sweet pea, I miss daddy too, every single day of my entire life and forever will. But we need to know that he's gone, and won't come back. That's why we keep him in our hearts." I say and point to her heart. "And sweet pea just because I'm sick and throwing up doesn't mean I'm leaving you. I never will I promise!" I exclaim and she sniffed. "I love you Freya...to much." I say and she smiled at me and nodded. "Love you mommy." Freya giggled. "Now that's my daughter, now why don't you get undressed and you can hop in the bubbly bath with me?" I say and she squealed.
——————————————————————
I walked out of the bathroom with my towel draped around my body, and I went down to the living room. Greys Anatomy was still playing, but I missed the first 30 minutes. "Mommy?" Freya yells. "I'll be there in a minute!" I yell and look back at the tv. This is where Meredith told Derek she was pregnant.
Then it hit me. My jaw dropped and I put a hand on my mouth.
"What if...what if I'm pregnant?" I whisper to myself, as a memory from last month came to view.
FLASHBACK:
"Oh Vice Principal Haddock, I can see it so clearly!" I coo. "Shut up!" Hiccup says as he tackled me into the couch as we continued to kiss and make out.
FLASHBACK ENDS
"I could be pregnant!" I exclaim and tapped my tummy.
"MOMMY!" Freya screams from upstairs. "JUST GRAB SOME LEGGINGS AND A SHIRT! WE AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE!" I yell up the stairs and run to my bathroom. I had leftover pregnancy tests in my bag from when I was thinking I was pregnant with Freya. I grabbed one from my bag and looked at it. "Just do it and you'll know," I whisper.
——————————————————————
I was still draped in a towel as I paced back in forth, waiting for the result on the test I took. I was combing my fingers through my hair, that was still tied in a messy bun. "Ok Astrid you took it 10 minutes ago so just look and you'll know" I say to myself as I sighed. I looked at the test sitting on my counter. I tapped my chin and walked over to the test. When I saw it I gasped. It said one word:
Pregnant