My Baby Girl

Chapter 20: My Baby Girl
Hiccup POV:
It's been a month since me and Astrid told Freya about our relationship. We now shared Astrid's home together and and made it our home. It was fun to be a dad to Freya, but we still weren't close, as much as I would like too. But today that could change.
*RING RING*
I groaned and covered my sheets over my head. "Astrid...what time is it!" I groan and there was no response. I heard footsteps coming over to the ringing phone, and I lifted the sheets off my face.
"Someone isn't a morning person." Astrid says and I growled at her. She laughed and walked into the bathroom. "Your kidding?! Seriously?!" I hear Astrid squeal as she talked on the phone. "No that's great! I'll be right in!" Astrid shrieks and she burst open the bathroom door. Her jaw was dropped and I was laying shirtless in her bed, with shorts on.
"What?!" I say and a smile crept up on her face. "I...was...offered...a...detectives...position....today!" She shrieks and my smile was huge. "Babe that's great!" I yell and she ran into my arms. "I know right! I'm going to head in right now! First case! And you get Freya!" She squeals and began to stick kisses all over my cheeks. She stood back up and ran to the door.
"Wait so I'm with Freya all day? What should I do with her? I think she hates me." I sigh and Astrid glared at me. "Babe she doesn't hate you! She loves you even if she hasn't said it yet. Take her somewhere, do something! But don't pump her full of sugar!" Astrid growls and I laughed. She grabbed a gun from her safe and walked over to me. I connected my lips with hers and she pulled away and bit her lip. "Good luck!" I screech and she smiled at me. "Love you." I say and she walked out of our room. "Love ya too!" And I was left with Freya.
———————————————————————
I was sitting on the couch waiting for Freya to awake. It was now 10, and she's usually up already. I shrugged it off and decided to wake her myself. I walked to her room and opened the door. She was curled in a ball with her mop of auburn hair all ratted. She was adorable.
I shook her side and she blinked her eyes open.
"Hey pumpkin? Want to eat some breakfast? It's just me and you today." I say and she slowly sat up. She just sat there and I moved the hair out of her face. "Come on." I say and opened my arms. The 5 year old walked into my arms and I carried her into the kitchen, with her head on my shoulder.
I sat her on the stool. "I want cereal please." She yawns and I grabbed her a bowl, spoon and milk. I poured her some cereal and milk then she began to devour it down.
I leaned against the counter and crossed my arms, smiling at Freya eating her food. She finished and looked up at me. "What do you want to do at 1030?" I say and she smirked at me. "Park?" She smiles and I grinned. "Park it is." I say and we have each other a fist bump.
Then we went to go get ready.
——————————————————————
I pulled up to Berk's National Park, and even at 11, it was really busy. I got out of the car and went to the back to get Freya, and I unbuckled her from her booster seat.
She squealed and I put her on the ground. I grabbed the backpack I brought with food and drinks, and Freya took my hand. She took my hand!!!
"I wanna go slide first!" She yells and ran over to the slides. "Stay where I can see you pumpkin!" I scream and she giggled at me. She began to climb the ladder, and wait for the other kids to go down. And when they did go down, she climbed to the top, and waved at me.
"Daddy look how high I am!" She yells and I waved at her. "I can see that! Your taller than me!" I laugh and she giggled. She pushed herself from the slide and slid down it. She laughed all the way down and giggled at me. She jumped up and down and went back to the ladder to go again.
I was seeing how happy Freya was, and thinking how when I was so young how I wasn't very happy. My mom has left and came back when I was 16. I was left with my jerk of a dad who only cared about himself, because he felt guilty about mom all his life. When she returned, he was patched back up, but he was never my father. This memory made me feel bad.
I got down to my backpack and pulled out some snacks and a drink. But when I looked up, Freya wasn't with the slides. I dropped my snacks and drinks back into my backpack and looked around for Freya.
"Freya?! Freya?" I scream, worried for her safety. I looked around and saw Freya sitting alone in the swings, and 2 boys and a girl were laughing at her. This reminded me of when I was bullied when I was a kid. Being laughed at for my size and shape and being a geek. This wasn't going to happen to my child! No!
I clenched my fist mad, and walked over to Freya and the other kids. Freya was me, and she looked relieved. I tapped on the boys shoulder, and he turned around laughing. The other boy and the girl turned around as well, now scared.
"Stop bullying kids that are younger than you! Tell me? Would you like it if someone was pointing and laughing at you?" I ask the kids and they looked down and shook their heads no. "Apologize to my daughter! Now!" I growl and they turn to Freya. "I'm sorry." They say. "Beat it!" I snarl and they walked away. Freya had tears streaming down her cheeks and I crouched down to her height. "I know sweetie, it sucks. I know how it feels. I was bullied too." I say and she looked at me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I hugged her. Then a memory hit me, this would cheer her up. I pulled away and smirked at the young girl.
"Ice cream?" I says and she laughed and nodded. "Ice cream it is!" I say and we went to get ice cream.
——————————————————————
We were sitting at home at the table eating our flurries from Dragon's Ice Cream, and were sitting next to each other. Freyas eyes were still puffy but she was better.
"Mm ice cream!" I exclaim and she looked up at me and smiled. "I love you." She says and my eyes widened in astonishment. I laughed and wrapped my arm around her. "Aww pumpkin I love you too." I say and the door burst open, revealing Astrid.
"Hey! I forgot my badge!" She yells and turns to us with ice cream. "What happened?! AND I TOLD YOU NOT TO PUMP HER FULL OF SUGAR!" Astrid yells and me and Freya exchanged laughing glances.
No one messes with my baby girl.