Chasing Cars

Chapter 33: Chasing Cars
September 13th
*2:30pm*
Astrid POV:
I was in the shower, rinsing off my body wash. I looked down at my big belly, that now completely covered my feet, to where I couldn't see my feet if I looked down. I smiled at how much my belly as grown by having this baby boy inside me, and how much I loved being pregnant, well besides the beginning stages of course.
I turned off the shower handle and grabbed the towel that was draped over the shower door. I tied it around myself, and opened the shower hatch, letting all the mist expose my face. I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed some clothes. I grabbed some jeans, a black and white striped shirt, a green vest, and some black flats. Comfy but cute. I got dressed and put MOOSE in my hair so I could have a crinkly style, that was cute, even wearing jeans in September doesn't bother me.
I was getting ready to pick up Freya from school, since she got out at 3:20pm. I slipped on my shoes, and walked out of my bedroom, shutting of the light. I walked over to the living room, and grabbed my iPhone XR, that I got this past week. I swiped my purse off the hanger, and swung it over my shoulder, and opened the door to go to my car.
——————————————————————
Astrid POV:
*2:50pm*
I drive into the Starbucks drive through, even though having coffee while being pregnant wasn't the best thing, but I did anyway. I wasn't even supposed to be driving at this many months pregnant, but I really didn't care, I wouldn't be driving for long anyway.
I ordered my coffee, and waited in line at the window. "2.79," the lady says and I handed her my cash, and she did my receipt and coffee. "Thank you!" "Have a nice day!" We said to one another, and chuckled and waved goodbye.
——————————————————————
Astrid POV:
*3:00pm*
My phone began to buzz as I sipped on my coffee. I looked at the red light and picked up my phone:
[Text from "My Love"
Your getting Freya right? I have a meeting today! Hope you didn't forget! Love you!]
Hiccup texts me and I smiled and texted him back.
[To "My Love"
I didn't forget! I'm omw rn, love you too!😘]
I threw my phone into my purse, and the red light on the traffic light was still red. I was the only one on the street, so it was really quiet. I sighed and turned up my volume to my music.
I flipped on my mirror, and moved my long, blonde bangs out of my face. I smiled, and shut the mirror. The traffic light finally turned green, and when it did I pushed the "drive" control on my car again.
I then saw lights to my left, and a car was speeding. They had ran the red light on there street! I gasped and I widened my eyes and screamed, but it was too late.
The car rammed into my black GMC, so hard, my car was flipping. I screamed and threw my hands in the air, before my injuries were so severe, I passed out.
*BOOM* *CRASH*