Birthday Bash

Chapter 15: Birthday Bash
*4 Months Later*
September
Astrid POV:
Today was my daughters 5th birthday, and I had just awoken to make her some pancakes.
I poured the batter on the pan and waited for it to cook. I quietly jogged over to my bedroom and grabbed Freyas 7 birthday presents. She gets 6-10 presents for her birthday, and 10-12 for Christmas. I grabbed the wrapped gifts and quietly closed my door. I walked back into the kitchen and put them on the counter.
I flipped over the last pancake and threw it onto a plate. I got out the syrup and a fork and put her food at her chair. I smiled and sneaked over to my daughters room. I opened the door and walked over to her bed. I shook her awake and she groaned.
"Morning sweet pea. Happy Birthday!" I smile and she rose up. "Thanks Mommy! Do I smell pancakes?" Freya questions and I nodded. She hurled all her blankets up and ran out of the room. I followed behind her and she got up onto a stool. She grabbed the syrup and put it on her pancakes.
"You have 7 presents, and the gang will bring you some after school." I say and she squealed. I always woke her an hour earlier on her birthday so she would open her presents and have time for herself. "Even Uncle Hiccy?" She asks and I gushed. She's been calling Hiccup Uncle Hiccy since he told her the reason he left Berk after High School.
I laughed, and pulled back my daughters hair. "Yes sweet pea." I say and she kissed me, and finished her pancakes.
——————————————————————
"Mommy can you do my hair?" Freya asks me after she just got dressed. She was wearing a floral dress with black flats. "Aww you look so cute!" I gush and she wrapped her arms around herself.
"Yes sweet pea I will do your hair! Just put your gifts away first." I say and she wrapped me in a hug. "Your the best mommy ever! I wish daddy could see this!" Freya squeals and ran away.
She's right, Blake can't see this moment from his death early last February. When it was his 1 Year death anniversary this past February, I was heartbroken—still am. But I was being strong for my baby girl and my friends.
Freya grabbed her gifts and ran off into the bathroom, so I could curl her hair.
——————————————————————
*5:00 pm*
The door bursted open, and revealed the gang—except Hiccup because he's always late.
I ran and hugged every single one of them, and they walked over to the counter. They put there gifts for Freya on the counter and sat down.
"Now Where is the birthday girl?!" Heather exclaims and Freya comes running out of her room.
"Oh she looks adorable!" Heather squeals and Freya dashes into Heathers arms. "Aunt Heather is here!" Freya yells and heather laughed. "Happy birthday sweetie." Heather exclaims and Freya kissed her. "Thanks Auntie Heather!" Freya smiled and hugged the rest of the gang.
I went to the fridge and grabbed the ice cream and the cake. I grabbed some bowls and plates and put them on the counter. I then felt little hands clawing at my legs. I looked down and saw Freya. I crouched down to her height and held her hands.
"Whats wring sweet pea?" I ask and she looked down. "I thought Uncle Hiccy was coming." Freya says, and I sighed. "I've called him honey, hopefully he shows soon and I'll-" "IM HERE! IM HERE! Gods the traffic was terrible!" Someone says mad Freyas face lit up.
"UNCLE HICCY!" She screams and ran to the door. She tackled the 25 year old man down and he dropped his gifts. "Hey Freya! Happy Birthday honey!" He exclaims and wraps his arms around my daughter. I folded my arms and smiled at the sight.
My ex- boyfriend was tackling and playing with my daughter, who had an unbreakable bond with him. I saw Hiccup take her hands and kiss them, like she was his own daughter—he treated her like his daughter. He looked so handsome tonight, wearing a plaid shirt and jeans with nice brown shoes.
"Stop it Astrid! Your married!" I think to myself, and looked away. "If you fall for him again, your cheating on your husband!" I scream to myself, feeling ashamed.
Hiccup came over and put his 2 gifts for Freya on the counter. "Hey Astrid!" He exclaims. "Hey!" I short smile and put the candles into the cake. "Freya!" I call and she runs over. We sing the happy birthday song, and she blows out her candles.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" We all yell and put our hands in the air.
—————————————————————
Hiccup POV:
I was picking up all the wrapping paper on the floor of Astrid's living room, when I spotted a familiar someone asleep on the couch. Freya. I smiled and walked over to her. I scooped her into my arms and carried her to her bedroom.
I layed her into her bed and her mouth was hanging open. I covered her up in blankets and I rubbed the hair out of her forehead. I kissed her forehead, and turned around, to see Astrid smiling at the door. I walked out and Astrid closed the door.
"You didn't have to do that." She says and I smiled. "Astrid, I really did! She's like a daughter to me." I say and walked back out to the living room to continue cleaning up wrapping paper.