I felt my heart speed up and internally groaned for it to settle down because I knew too well that he could hear every frantic flutter inside my chest.

Fuck werewolves and their superpowers. Fuck werewolves and their fucking smells.

It was like an aroma bomb had gone off in our general vicinity; a burst of heady Sebastian-scent flooded my senses all at once and it was all I could do not to close my eyes and enjoy taking it all in. I knew it was flowing off of him because it clung to his body and all of his belongings.

I felt my heart speed up and shifted in his grasp, righting myself so I was straddling his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought our noses together even as the sadness inside me welled up.

Oh... that's what I was feeling.

I was sad. Extremely sad. Upset, unhappy, dismayed.

"What are you doing?" Sebastian asked and now his voice was strained, like he was on the verge of getting very angry - or he was holding himself severely in check.

"Looking at you," I muttered, doing just that despite the tears welling up. "Can you promise me something, Sebastian?"

He blinked, then uttered a low but guttural, "if I must."

"Promise me you won't ever kill anyone who can think and rationalize between right and wrong," I said firmly, and he stiffened, eyes sharpening as they flitted across my face. "If you have to fight... fight. If its a vampire that won't stop and there's really no other way... fine. If it's somebody like Jak, who's just... angry, and wrong, and can't see that he's wrong... don't hurt people like him, okay?"

"I cannot promise that I will not hurt people like him, especially if they dare to try harming you," he said quietly, leaning forward and brushing our lips together; his eyes sank down to a half-lidded state, burning into my mind and memory even as they softened. "I could not let him get away with what he did."

"It was already over," I chided. "You didn't need to beat him up like that."

"I will not... defend myself... or say that I was in the right," he hissed against my lips, soft touches of heat and breath misting against my mouth, "but he put... the same looks on your face... that I once did... and I got angry at both him and myself. So, I subjugated him."

There was a part of me that understood that his behavior stemmed from many reasons... wolfish possessiveness, the self loathing he carried for our rocky beginning perhaps, and maybe even the fact that he had a moral code and might have wanted to right an obvious injustice.

I decided to let it go.

"Please don't do it again unless its necessary, or unless I'm literally in danger," I mumbled, closing my eyes as his scent rose up even stronger. "Oh... wow."

I inhaled, brows raising at the pleasantness filling my nose.

He instantly pulled back and I heard his breathing halt; I shifted my weight, feeling a rigid protrusion against my rear, but I hardly noticed since it was like I was drowning in an aphrodisiac of some sort. I could smell him literally everywhere, his aroma, his musk... yikes.

"What are you doing?" he asked, growling low in the back of his throat. "Are you... smelling me?"

I snorted, cracking an eye open.

"How can I not?" I drawled. "I mean... you're... its... uh... strong. Way stronger than usual, it's like a cloud of your body's smell is surrounding us. I mean, what am I supposed to do, not smell?"