𝟒𝟗 ❀˚. Operation: Tailing or Dating?! ₊˚.༄

Start from the beginning

"Hello, everyone!" Jogging over, Miki returned the enthusiastic wave with one of her own. "I hope you didn't wait for too long." She said, arriving before the girls with a small huff. 

"Not at all, we were all looking forward to meeting you in person anyway." A girl who wore a pair of dark-rimmed glasses replied courteously. 

"You look wonderful, by the way." Another noted, gesturing the white and golden toga dress as well as the shimmering golden headpiece that laced through her strawberry brown hair. Miki glanced over, pausing for a second as she noticed the girl had a pair of gleaming amethyst-like eyes hidden behind the shadow of her bangs. 

"Thank you very much!" Shaking her head to stop herself from continuously staring into those uniquely coloured-eyes, Miki then lowered her head into a bow. "I'm also terribly sorry for not appearing as promised to guide you all around on the first day of school. I hope I didn't cause too much trouble from my unannounced absence." She apologized. 

"No, it's completely fine." A girl with medium-length, silver-hair hummed nonchalantly as she plucked out a strange-looking chip from the plastic package in her hands. "Sora-senpai and Sumire-senpai were great guides either way. I've heard about what happened, so I'm honestly just glad you've returned to school safe and sound." She said with a dry smile, eyeing Miki with a mixture of pity and relief. 

"Oh, I heard about it too." The final girl chimed as her gaze flickered upwards. "I watched the press conference over the weekend, and it's still a little hard to wrap my head around the news." She said, tucking a few strands of dirty blonde hair behind her ears. "But I gotta say, you looked great during the interview. Those reporters weren't lying when they talked about how pretty you were." She concluded, turning back to Miki with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes. 

"Why thank you." Miki beamed, recalling the number of absurd articles that had exploded across the world in the past few days. "Though I do think they were exaggerating a little." She asserted. "It's too much, calling me 'The Incarnation of Aphrodite.'" 

"Hm?" The girl with purple eyes tilted her head slightly, looking a little confused on the subject at hand. "What sort of press conference are you talking about?" She asked curiously, only to jolt when the three others whipped their heads around to stare at her with a questioning gaze. 

"That's right, you've just settled in from Britain, so I suppose it's natural that you haven't heard." After a few moments, the girl with glasses was the first to speak as she heaved a wry sigh before beginning to explain. "Recently, the Suoh family held a press conference and made recently two announcements. One of which, they revealed that Miki-chan-senpai here is the first-born daughter to theirs and that Fernández family from Spain." She retold patiently as she lifted an all-knowing finger. "According to sources, she was a secret child of the political marriage between the current Chairman and the recently-retired Duchess."

"Oh my," Hearing that explanation, the girl with purple eyes brought her hands to her lips as she couldn't help but gasped in surprise. "That is quite the news." She commented, turning her attention back to her upperclassman.

"Now, now." Holding her hands behind her back, Miki sounded. "There is no reason to treat me differently because of something as simple as a family name. I'd much prefer it if you all were to act a little more familiar with me, so just treat me as a normal 'senpai,' alright?" She insisted before allowing her gaze to sweep over the girls one last time only to notice that they were missing one. "Hm? Is this all of you?" She blinked a couple of times, recounting people that have gathered. "Sora-chan mentioned that she met with five students."

"Ah, Aoi-chan?" The blonde girl hummed as she reached up to wrap her arms behind her head. "She's a little busy with club activities today, so couldn't join us. But she did ask us to say 'hi' to you for her." She notified.