CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"You can never
understand me."

김태형 | Kim Taehyung

THE THIRD DAY, Taehyung lay naked beside Jungkook, who snored in his sleep, cocooned in the duvet with his clothe-less figure

THE THIRD DAY, Taehyung lay naked beside Jungkook, who snored in his sleep, cocooned in the duvet with his clothe-less figure. His lips parted open to exhale his breath while his nose made a cute noise whenever he did.

The night before was amazing, what the temporary euphoria the two felt. Jungkook was unwilling at first, but he lets go for some reason, drunken on his own intentions.

Now, Jungkook's eyes flutter open, and he gazes at Taehyung for a short moment, abruptly standing up to move away from him, wrap the sheet around his torso while he blushed furiously. Leaning against a table opposite the window that showed the artificial sky.

Taehyung approached him from the other side, spreading his hand as he tucked his hip on the table's edge, sneaking his fingers to Jungkook's and picking up his pinkie to hold.

Jungkook glared sideways at him, "What?" He asks rudely, unlike him. Without hearing the answer he impersonated Taehyung's heavy voice, making it funnier with the funny face he made as he rephrased, "'It's just the beginning, baby boy.' What happened to that Taehyung, huh?" His words were bitter against the cold air that hung over their naked bodies.

"I said that in front of my... employees, to terrorise them so that they know who I am," Taehyung cleared, suddenly not so evil.

"I know, Taehyung," says Jungkook, eyes narrowed, "I know why you behave like this—"

"For fuck's sake," Taehyung interrupted, pressing his thumb on one and forefingers on the other temple, "Jungkook, I am not a lab rat under observation."

"Why am I still here, then?" Jungkook whispered, searching the other's eyes for some genuine softness, failing miserably.

Taehyung scrunched up his face. He wouldn't like to answer that. He wasn't even sure, other than Jungkook releasing all the information about him, why he kept Jungkook here. "You'll tell everyone about me."

"No, I won't."

"They'll ask you what happened in the interrogation room. They will hang my uncle, the only one who ever cared about me." Taehyung was shedding away his shells of mistrust, now. Weird how Jungkook did that to him.

"I can't do anything about it—" Jungkook says, only to be pressed with Taehyung's luscious lips, hungrily biting on his lips to let out a loud moan. Before things could get more heated, Taehyung pulls away, for the first time breathing hard and actually affected by the contact he had with Jungkook.

Taehyung husks, "Yes, you can and fuck... you taste so good." Their foreheads are inclined, the air they breathed shared, holding onto each other's napes. "Release my uncle."

Jungkook tried to push away, but was restrained by Taehyung's hard pull. The younger claims, "They'll call me a criminal too... I- I- I- don't want wanna be like my father—"

"Listen to me," Taehyung exhales, looking deep into Jungkook's frothy, light-brown eyes. "He's not a criminal. He was only responsible to keep my father's business running... Fuck, Uncle Jin even stopped my father to let me join the network, but his attempts never lasted— I turned out too bad."

"But—"

"He is a good guy, Jungkook," Taehyung argued, "please, trust me." His fingers caressed Jungkook's ear's rim.

A scoff, Jungkook states, "Trust a guy who forced me to remember all my bad memories? Uh huh, oh-okay." Their position didn't budge.

"I am letting you go, see?" Taehyung steps back, naked and all, and looks at Jungkook with newfound fondness. "Jin's not guilty."

"Are you?" Jungkook questioned, sad.

"In some ways." Said Taehyung strangely, shimmying into his jeans and T-Shirt, exiting without a second glance at Jungkook.

He did let go Jungkook, in his own peculiar way. Before Jin could deal with lawyers, Jungkook barged into the office and explained there was no evidence against Jin, who is freed according to the law. Whereas, while his friends celebrated his return, many questioned where he was.

Hesitantly so, he replied, "Space of mind." In hopes of contacting Kim Taehyung again to reclaim him, to reborn him as one with no broken past and not subject him as a criminal master-mind chasing after dealers who never completed their deals, to kill them brutally with biogenetic rats.

To his disappointment, Jungkook wouldn't be meeting Taehyung for months.

_____

sooo, how're you folks
liking the story so far?

love love love,
joyyy