CHAPTER SEVEN

"You are so beautiful
it's absolutely unreal."

전정국 | Jeon Jungkook

"THE RATS GENES TURNED OUT biogenetical and were transformed to paralyse a person through the drug dissolved in their salivary gland, the rodents themselves immune to its effects, the allele moulded into a recessive gene that hid itself with the t...

"THE RATS GENES TURNED OUT biogenetical and were transformed to paralyse a person through the drug dissolved in their salivary gland, the rodents themselves immune to its effects, the allele moulded into a recessive gene that hid itself with the technology determining its position on the DNA," mused Jungkook to Jimin as they stood by the lab door lankily, having just coming out of it.

"Huh?" was all Jimin could summon, eyes glazed over at the utter nonsense babbling out of his friend.

Jungkook snorted humiliatingly. "All we have to wait for is hyung to crack the locations where exactly suxamethonium is made." He was a chemist, but this person in front of him wasn't, which seemed to be quite funny, still ending up as an agent. Enduring a stab of pain caused by Jimin's well-placed fist jabbed in the stomach, Jungkook says gruffly, "C'mon, our flights in an hour's."

Jimin peeked at him. "I do hope you find yourself a lover in this little adventure of yours, Jeon."

"What—?"

"Agent Jeon?" tinkled a sickly sweet voice behind, and the two swivelled around, peering at Detective Jennie clattering over to them hurriedly, hands clutching the sides of her distinctly short skirt. "I have been assigned to accompany you." She drew to a stand in front of them, panting slightly.

Jungkook groaned internally, knowing there was no chance arguing his boss into withdrawing her out. Unwillingly so, he mustered a small smile, "Splendid, Jennie."

Just. Splendid.

"Erm, guys," voices Jimin, glancing at his wristwatch, "We've got to catch that plane."

Grimacing at the predicament of Jennie being a complete mirror image of a flirty, drunken girl trying to ensnare Jungkook in her love trap during his significant role of playing the agent-but-not-agent part brought him to the unfortunate conclusion of his investigation blowing into bits.

And that is why he loathed partnering up, being it with whomever, male or female.

Promising to dodge Jennie in most moments, he nodded importantly at the two, his eyebrows furrowing at the forthcoming events yet to be tested with his luck and charms.

____

In comparison to Seoul, Daegu was glum and eerie, cradling each hearts' secrets within that cascaded in the night's sky and merged with the glossy sparkles of billions of lights illuminating the homes of these residents.

Jungkook and Jennie were striding along the damp concrete sidewalk, arms linked and coats flapping behind them, boots thumping against the surface. The dim streetlights cast murky, orange-ish light of ripples on the puddles of water dispersed nearby. The street was barely raking with onlookers.

They slipped in a darker alley and Jungkook instantly unhooked his arm, lips pursed as they remain briskly walking their way through the muddy path, halting in a nasty dumpster of someone's backyard that opened into another street.

Nose scrunched up in disgust, Jennie pointed at something across the street, one hand covering her nostrils, "There's a bar there, I guess. Check it out?"

Nodding, Jungkook and her crossed the empty road swiftly, the sky enlightened with purple hues as they near their destination, stopping in front of a sign that said; THE PURPLE BAR, a low building that stretched to the back, dotted with men and women flashing expensive attires and gold chains, entering and exiting the glass doors that stood innocently unguarded.

"Dispose off the coats, Jen," he whispers as they conceal themselves behind a weird statue, shrugging off the garments and somewhat dressed as per bar standard now. He gives her a final nod, "We separate here. Remember: no one knows who we are. We don't know who we are, got it?"

She nods shortly, already strutting her way inside, her body language flipping into a local dueller here.

The FBI agents worked under the radar, their behaviours kept confidential and personal data only available to the insiders alone, knowing they would have to step in for the real agent work at times of going undercover.

As much as Jungkook was assured, no one knew him around here, so the guy marches to the unwatched entrance and steps inside the carpeted floorboards of the bar's hallways, passing by anonymous attendees that minded their own fishy businesses.

Music emitted loudly from the speakers, the fairly crowded dance floor that spreads out to the far end, couches and tables occupied by tipsy strangers. The long bar counter with high stools and glistening beer bottles looked inviting. Jungkook smiled genuinely as he spotted Jennie among them, talking to an ebony-coloured woman around their age, their fancy drinks untouched.

Unconcerned, Jungkook shuffles out of their vicinity, detaching himself from the public and ascending up a staircase well-hidden from their eyes. He reached the floor landing, disappointed at seeing the vacancy of the stretching corridor. Nevertheless, he approaches a doorknob and turns it, utterly taken by surprise at another man who stood inside;

Ethereal was the first word that came to him, for the guy he was staring at was drop-dead, straight-out-of-some-anime gorgeous; he had blonde, overgrown hair that ended in a mullet on the beautiful hazel skin of his soft neck, eyes a tasty hue of coffee below handsome eyebrows, lips pink and so kissable.

Jungkook caught himself, playing fool, "I, uh," he gave a fake gulp, consciously feeling for his phone as a tracker for Jimin and raking his hand over his pocket, blinking voluntarily, "I am sorry— I lost my keys here.."

But damn this guy was super hot.

The stranger lets out a rumble of laughter, slowly advancing on Jungkook. His voice, god his voice, is husky and honey-dripping as he acknowledged Jungkook, "I came here to, er- well, I am horny."

Oh, fuck.

The man was a step apart from Jungkook, whose stomach coiled unprofessionally as he pondered on his next move, mind going unhelpfully blank when the latter pronounces ravishingly, irises dilating;

"Will you help me a little?"