CHAPTER NINE

"You left me in
a mess, alright."

전정국 | Jeon Jungkook

"JEON FUCKING JUNGKOOK, GET UP!" Yells Jennie, emptying a plastic water bottle with a crunch on the person's head, who wakes up with a jolt, blinking furiously as he throws aside the sheet he was covered with, his hair dripping wet—

"OH MY GOD—" Jennie gasps, swirling on her heels to avert her gaze from Jungkook, cheeks growing red and puffy with increasing timidness.

"Huh, wha-? Oh."

Snatching them from the floor, with sheer force, Jennie hits Jungkook's face with his pair of pants and button-up, disgruntled at the state she found her partner in. "Kudos, Jungkook. Been having fun, yea?" She seethed acidly, her back at the young man. "You wasted a good lot of time, you did."

"Grrh." Uttered Jungkook, struggling with his garments. Once clothed, he hops out of the bed, wincing at the pain between his thighs, putting a hand at Jennie's shoulder to make her face him. "I kind of lost myself—"

His iPhone rang against the hollow air, him answering the call and lifting the device to his left ear, forehead crinkling while Jennie threw a disgusted look at him.

"Jungkook," conversed the guy at the other side, a soft melody that was rough around the edges. "Now you are avoiding me, hmm?"

The latter sighed, "Why would I do that?" He was so not in the mood. Worse, Jennie saw his male part, jeez.

"Boss," suggested the other person teasingly, "I am your boss, kiddo."

Jungkook tried his best not to eye-roll. Epic fail. Jennie glared at him, frustration gradually leaking away from her features that started to soften as he grumbled, "What do you want to know, boss?"

"Seokjin hyung to you, though—"

"Get to the point already!" God, the pulse on his temple was throbbing, so much that he foregoes the obnoxiously terrified expression displayed by Jennie which was probably to get his attention or whatever.

With a loud, dramatic huff Seokjin says, voice wrapping around the room, "Give me a follow-up on your case, Jungkook." His tone solidified as he adds, "You've been keeping me in the dark since you got there in Daegu."

With a growing need to smash his head on a wall, he forces through his clenched jaw, trying very hard to keep his cool as he speaks in the phone, "It went just fine, no arrests or further leads whatsoever."

"Keep me updated," murmured Seokjin, dropping the line without another notice.

"Son of a bitch."

"Jungkook." Warned Jennie, eyes rounding in a hard glare at his direction, face saying more than her words, "You were wrong about one thing."

His brow arched. "Which was?"

"I have got a major lead," she perks jumpily, her glance affixed on Jungkook's phone. "Let's talk over breakfast."

___

"Where did you sleep, 'Ennie?" Questioned Jungkook through a mouthful of syrup-dripping pancake soft between his teeth. The little café was barely crowded since it was a working day.

At that, Jennie's cheeks coloured up a dull shade of scarlet, her lips pursed as she forked her unceremonious potato slices. "My grandmother calls me Ennie, you mother tucker," she mumbled incoherently.

Jungkook smirked, stuffing another round of pancake inside his curled lips, "Guess I am not the only one who had a marvellous night."

"There you are!" Jimin's agitated tone broke their intense eye contact, who came tumbling to them with a gist of aggressiveness etched across his tender features. He directly addressed Jungkook, "You douche! Weren't you suppose to dig into the effing case?!" Without waiting, he slid next to Jennie, dragging Jungkook's plate towards himself and wolfing down the rest of the breakfast, cutting out the other two with loud munching.

Jungkook muttered under his breath, "Yoongi hyung, come to collect your man-"

Jimin scowled at him, "Whuh whu hat?" bits of pancake spewing from his mouth, Jennie too used to their dumbass behavior.

"Guys," she pressed, forehead creasing with something that bugged her, "I really need you two to pay attention to me."

The young men gave one final sneer to each other, nodding dutifully at Jennie to continue.

"Her name was Liza," she informed, "she told me there was one frequent visitor here." She paused to scrutinize their focused faces, going on with a light coating of guilt in her vehement tone:

"Kim Seokjin's husband."

They uttered in unison, dumb-struck, "Kim Namjoon?"

Jungkook bobs his head side to side fervently, "Shit, shit, shit. What if the place turned out to be the one. It's not a fake accusation, is it? They are divorced, Jennie."

"Did she give evidence?" Interjected Jimin, pancakes forgotten.

Jennie nodded, eyes closed. She produced a file from her handbag, placing it lightly on the table, "See for yourself."

Jungkook flipped it open to a printed paper of a CCTV camera overlooking the Purple Bar's entrance, a tall, handsome guy frozen in mid-step in the dark purple background, his face matching that beautiful person who hung his arm around Jungkook at that wedding day for a photograph.

For the second time that day, Jungkook's phone rung, who hastily picked it before recognising the ID 'Yoongi hyung' and cutting to the chase, "You found where the drug was from, hyung?"

"Yep," replied Yoongi cheerfully, probably grinning at his own wittiness. "A man was arrested — oddly released before trial — who was suspected in dealing with suxamethonium. I found a newspaper addressing this case, found out the guy was spotted near that bar around your location."

"Thanks, hyung," answered Jungkook genuinely, "I am coming back, by the way. Tell Hobi hyung to prepare for another inquisition."

"Alright." Beep.

He gazed at his two partners, daunted at the fact they would put their boss under interrogation, who was among the least to be capable of attempting criminal activities.

pls somebody ban me
from wattpad coz
i should be studying-