CHAPTER FIVE

"I saw suns and moons,
but I couldn't find you."

전정국 | Jeon Jungkook

THE FIA HEADQUARTERS IS unleashed with vivacity; agents and employees clad in leather jackets and tough jeans, conducting their daily piece of work or spilling through piles and piles of unsolved files in their cabinets, minding their own business...

THE FIA HEADQUARTERS IS unleashed with vivacity; agents and employees clad in leather jackets and tough jeans, conducting their daily piece of work or spilling through piles and piles of unsolved files in their cabinets, minding their own business as agents Jungkook and Jaehyung amble over to a door, the latter lazily swinging it open to reveal two men inside.

One is elderly with sharp eyes, hunched forward on the metal table, his eyes darting aimlessly on the dull blue walls of the interrogation room, a huge, rectangular black glass covering the wall opposite him.

The other is much younger, taller, and sightly with cherry-red, shiny hair, prominent cheekbones and eyes that shared black warmth. He was leaning his hip against the table but soon he shuffled to his feet and stood pompously for the two fellows that entered the room, smiling generously an almost heart-shaped smile, but his eyes and lips were shrouded with melancholy as if they have witnessed all the sadness in the world.

Something flickered in Jaehyung as they approached Agent Jung Hoseok, twenty-four, the most well-known of the Surveillance Staff. Jaehyung's round glasses slightly slipped down as the guy threw off some obvious nervous energy when him and Jungkook halted in front of Hoseok.

"Thank you for questioning him, Hobi hyung," nodded Jungkook, giving a swift glance to the janitor. He starts casually, "Fill me in."

Beneath his business-like tone, Jungkook was ever so elated at finding out that Hoseok did a favour by querying this elderly bloke instead of anyone else, since the latter detested the interference of an agent he was unfamiliar with. That, and the fact that his hyung had that unrealistic superpower to juice out the truth from one without even trying.

"Yeah," begins Hoseok, ignoring the intensity of Jaehyung's stares and rambling on, "Sir here was trouble first because he wasn't answering any of my questions. But then I discovered he was deaf and uses the sign language." He turns to the old man and twists and flaps his hands like a hooligan, the ghost of a mischievous smile whisking on his gorgeously long lips after acknowledging Jungkook again, "And he seems to like hamburger, like me. And Sprite."

"Is he clear?" Pressed Jungkook, hands on his waist.

Hoseok lifts a confident shoulder, "Seems so. He told me he was there when the victim was twitching." Jungkook scrutinised the suspect himself, who was trembling weakly, blinking his watery eyes and scratching his wrinkled chin, nerve-wrecked.

"Fine," breathed the young man, "let him go. Tell him he isn't to leave the city for any emergency of any sort whatsoever."

Jaehyung, who tore his eyes away from an oblivious Hoseok, suggests helpfully, "We can keep him located, Sir."