CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"Til death
do us part."

  전정국 | Jeon Jungkook

THE WINTRY WINDS WHISKED through the city of Seoul, bringing an end to the sunny summer at last

THE WINTRY WINDS WHISKED through the city of Seoul, bringing an end to the sunny summer at last. The streets void of beings since the weather decided to, the tranquillity singing acoustics to the heart. 

This was one week before Jungkook would find himself in a morgue at The Bar, with Taehyung.

The FIA Building, handsome as ever and glistening brightly in the sun, stood tall and unbothered. The occupants, on the other hand, bustled around like maniacs, planning raids and arrests, encounters and eliminations. Everyone believed no harm can come to them, for no harm is done to those without identities

Jeon Jungkook, having just turned twenty-four, sat upon his office chair to examine intently every small detail in his brand-new case file, some politically murdered men in their houses a day ago. These days he couldn't focus since all he could mull over was Kim Taehyung, Kim Taehyung's past, and Kim Taehyung's recovery, the very man himself vanished from the map. 

He hears a ruffle and clicks behind him, spinning his chair around to stare at his three companions; Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi. His cheeks automatically swelled in a warm smile, greeting the leather-clad blokes with hearty eyes. He jumps to his seat and offers them his chair, tucking his hip against his table as Yoongi slumped down to sit. 

"So," voiced Hoseok at first, rechecking if the door was shut. "Everything planned?" Jimin and Yoongi regarded Jungkook to answer the question with softened features. 

Jungkook lifted a shoulder, nodding and saying "Yes." He sighs, then. "I'm just..." 

"Terrified of him?" Yoongi suggested, eyes shiny with humour.  

Jungkook shook his head. "For him, really," he conversed, gnawing at his bottom lip. He dropped his edginess altogether, scowling at himself. "Can we go through the whole plan again, please?" Puppy-eyed, he managed to melt his friends in his wish, earning nods and 'Sure, why not's. 

Jimin remarked, "Can't believe you'll end up dead, buddy." His luscious lips slant into an overpowering smirk. 

"Aw, c'mon," Jungkook scoffed, sarcastic, playing along, "Bro, don't remind me!" 

Hoseok clapped his hands together, getting their attention. "Oh-kay!" He divulged, "When you and Taehyung meet again, your gun would be with you, just in case." He halts, looking over with exasperation since Yoongi had his arm raised in the air like in high school or something. "Yeah, Yoongi, what's with you?" Hobi folds his buff arms over his strong chest. 

Yoongi professed, insisting, "I don't see why Taehyung would let Jungkook carry his gun, man." At which Jungkook pouted, baby-faced. 

"Hyung," he commented, "It's Taehyung. Guy has softened up around me, I can tell. You know I can tell." Jungkook sounded like Joey Tribbiani to Yoongi, but he lets go, nodding along. 

"Also," Jimin interjected, "Jaehyung and Jennie don't know anything about this, yeah?" His eyebrows came together while he looked hard over the door as if he could see through the walls and find Jennie and Jaehyung eavesdropping on them. 

Content at how his plan was going smoothly, Jungkook asked Jimin directly, "Have you prepared Taehyung's father's death certificate, though?"  At which his best friend winked, handing him an official-looking file.

"RIP." Yoongi chuckled. "May the asshole rot in prison." Hobi laughed out loud at that. 

"Happy Killing Yourself, kiddo." Hobi snorted, eyes on Jungkook. 

Who rests his hand over his heart, fake-solemnly muttering softly, "Take care of my precious body, hyungs." Everyone cracked up at his expression, doubling over with laughter, knowing they took the right verdict, becoming an agent and surrounded with a family no one can ever even injure.  

yes bitches
he l i v e s. 
+ love ya!