Chapter 14 - Good to be home?

**Ally's P.O.V.**

I was so excited and nervous to be meeting Mike's parents. I didn't know what they'd think of me.

 Of us.

 He was 27 and I was only 19. I really hope they wouldn't mind our age difference.

"If you look to your left you'll see the Fuentes residence." Mike said snapping me back into reality.

"I'm nervous." I breathed.

"Don't be baby. It'll be okay. I'm sure my parents will love you almost as much as I do."

We got out of the car as he held my hand. We were slowly walking until we got to his driveway. He stopped stared at a black car.

**Mike's P.O.V.**

Ally and I were holding hands until we got to the driveway. There was a black car that was parked behind my mom's.

Was that Kate's car?

No.

It couldn't be.

"Are you okay?" Ally asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

I hated lying to her.

*

"Mom. I've got someone who wants to meet you." I yelled as we came into the house.

"Oh Mike! Who is this beautiful young lady?" my mom said walking into the living room from the kitchen.

"Yeah who's the new road slut that you've picked up this time, Michael?" the annoyed voice coming from behind my mother said.

 I was right.

Kate was here.

Fuck.

"You would know." I mumbled. "Mom, this is Ally. Ally this is my mom Vivian."

They both shook hands as Kate gritted her teeth and glared at me.

*

"So where'd you two meet?" my mom asked taking a bite of her burger.

"Well we actually met at a signing. The boys were about to leave but thankfully Mike noticed me and I got my stuff signed. I left because my ride was there. It turns out they weren't. So I started smoking."

"Wait you smoke?" Kate asked.

Quite frankly I was surprised Kate would even be talking to Ally.

"Yeah but only when I'm upset or stressed."

"What do you smoke?"

"Just cigarettes."

*

"Anyway, Mike went outside and asked me what was going on so I told him and he took me home. On our way we made a gas stop and my stupid ex punched him. I cleaned his wound and he left." Ally said.

"Yeah. Some night huh, Alls?" I said. She smiled.

*

"Babe, that girl keeps glaring at us." Ally whispered in my ear.

I knew she'd notice. Ally had snuggled up to my side while we were holding hands.

"Do you want anything Kate?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"And what's that?"

"For that slut to leave."