Pt. 19 - The one where Roman gets told

Virgil was blushing, hard from behind the door.  Roman telling him that he was his prince and also that he was a part of their family?

Yeah, Virgil was weak in the knees.

He sat in his bed and contemplated their conversation, resolving that he would tell the fanciful trait. 

Later, of course.

Later, was apparently after he had eaten with the other three, nervously turning over his food and silverware.  The father took notice of his behavior, and pulled him aside to ask what was wrong.

"I'm going to tell him.  Later tonight."  Virgil whispered.

Patton gasped and squealed, hugging Virgil tightly and spinning them around.

After he calmed down, they went back to eating, with Patton in a particularly good mood.

Once dinner was over and they dishes were being washed by the father, Virgil awkwardly grabbed the confident side.

"C'mon... I wanna show you something."  He said, pulling him along.

Roman followed eagerly, walking with the darker one.

When they reached his room, they entered and sat together on the bed.

Virgil immediately jumped up and started pacing, locking the door.

"So... uhh... I need to tell you something, Ro."

Roman nodded and gestured for him to do so.

"Okay... uhhh, well.  So you see... the thing is... that, uhm.  You know the... thing?  Yeah, well... I'm that."  He tried to explain stupidly.

When Roman made to sign to show that he understood, Virgil sighed and tried again.

"Okay, well...  I have to tell you... that..."

"I shall guess!  I will guess what this thing is that you are unable to say!"  Roman exclaimed in a moment of triumph.

The darker trait tried to tell him not to, but he had already began his barrage of guesses.

"Are you an insomniac?  Do you have an older brother you didn't know about?  Do you hone magical powers with which you can either destroy the world or save it?  Are you having a mid-life crisis?  Do you own a secret pet no one knew about?  What about a tiny cat you rescued as a child?  Do you have wings?  Are you-".

Roman gasped loudly, a look of excitement on his face.

"Are you gay?"

Virgil nearly slapped the other.

"We are all gay you idiot!  Now listen and shut up.  I wanted to tell you that-"

Then, Logan entered the room with an apprehensive Patton following after.

"Logan, you can ask later- hey kiddos!"  He exclaimed awkwardly.

Virgil sighed loudly, and ushered the two invaders out of his room quickly.  He sat the door after them.

"Okay, no interruptions this time.  Roman, you need to know that I'm-"

Then, a loud noise came from outside, and a wailing Patton with it.  The two looked to each other and then opened the door, running out to see what had happened.

Patton was sitting in the ground, bleeding from a shallow cut on his ankle.

"Logan!  The bench attacked me.  It is evil!"

Virgil just grabbed the fanciful one's wrist and wrenched him back inside.

"Okay, okay.  Roman.  I'm...  the reason I'm so sensitive to the things you said were because...  because I'm transgender.  I was born, or made or however we came to be... as a girl."