Pt. 5 - When a Virgil gets panicked.

...Virgil ended up staying up for the entire night. 

He hadn't meant to, but there was a cute edit of a boy with wings, and then there was a story behind it, and he had just finished reading the twentieth chapter when the sun shone through his window.

Oops.

Well, Patton would have a fit, but Virgil still wasn't too tired.

He got up and stretched, squinting in the dim light that made its way in through the blinds.  Yawning, he walked over his closet and threw his shirt off, landing in a heap across the room.

Virgil grabbed his binder and wrestled it on, the tight compression calming him.  He grabbed a MCR shirt and put it on, zipping his hoodie over it.

Once he was dressed, he walked out into the hallway, closing his door behind him.  As he entered the bigger common space, he was greeted with the sight of...

No Patton.

It was odd, considering that the cheerful side was almost always up early in the morning, cracking eggs into a pan or cooking bacon.

If Patton wasn't in the kitchen, then where was he?

A slow panic overtook Virgil, as he walked back to the hallway and approached Patton's door.  He slowly slid it open, knowing that it wouldn't be locked, even after many years of them not needing to go into the fatherly side's room for nightmares.  Patton would always leave his door open if one of the other sides needed to talk or anything.

When he saw Patton wasn't asleep in his fluffy bed amongst all the pillows, nor was he in the kitchen, or the hallway, or the adjoined living room next to the kitchen...

Where was Patton?

The slow panic that had been growing nearly exploded within him now, immediately thinking of the worst scenarios.

He quickly walked out of the room, running to the bathroom, and no Patton.

He walked quickly into his own room, hoping to see the man doing his laundry or making his bed. No Patton.

He ran to Roman's room, hoping to all hope that the two had planned a sleepover and hadn't invited Virgil.  He burst into Roman's room, quite rudely startling the fanciful trait who was peacefully sleeping in the king sized bed.  Alone. No Patton.

"What in the kings name?-" Roman said, as Virgil ducked out of the room, not sparing any time for an explanation.

The anxious side ran into the living room to check again, as well as into the laundry room.  Roman stumbled out of his own room, shirt hastily buttoned and barely managing to pull on his pants while nearly falling.

Virgil rushed past Roman again, knocking him off of his feet, and the prince ended up on the floor, still struggling with his pants.  As Virgil rushed around in a panic, he visited each room a few more times (and he went outside and ran around the house a few times). 

Then, Virgil stood still for long enough to realize the one room he hadn't checked.  Logan's room!  Maybe he would know where Patton had went!

Virgil sprinted to the door at the end of the hallway, effectively running into Roman again, who was still trying to get an answer out of Virgil.

The anxious boy threw himself at the door, practically throwing it off its hinges, as he stepped in Logan's room.

When his eyes landed on the boy clad in a cat onesie, he sighed and nearly collapsed in relief, holding into the doorframe as all the nervous energy left him. 

Roman bumped into Virgil as he ran to see what Virgil had relaxed so much looking at.  Roman made an 'awwww' and then Virgil comprehended what he was seeing.

The boy in the cat onesie was indeed there, and so was the intelligent side.  They were sleeping in the same bed, a few pillows thrown over the floor, as well as Patton's stuffie. 

The soft boy was laying his head on the other's chest, his head rising and falling with the smarter one's breath.  The two were so utterly domestic, that Virgil's breath was caught in his throat. 

It didn't help that he had accidentally woken the two up in his frenzy, Patton nuzzling his head farther into Logan's chest and Logan looking up confused.

"Virgil? Roman? What is ever the matter?"  Logan said, his voice gravely.

"Yeah, uhh... sorry.  I kinda didn't see Pat and I... uh..." Virgil stumbled for words as Roman barely suppressed a laugh.

"Is that what this is about?  Virgil just had a fit!  He ran around the house and burst into my room!  I doubt I've ever seen anyone act so energized."  Roman laughed heartily, and Patton raised his head from Logan's chest.

"Awwww, Virge!  That's so sweet!  Were you really that worried?"  Patton squealed, Virgil turning red.

"Well, you're usually awake before anyone else so I... I don't know..." Virgil muttered.

"You jumped to a conclusion and worried about Patton's well being, and didn't consider that me might be in here... with me." Logan said, in his matter-of-fact tone, slowly slightly at the end.

Patton giggled, and Virgil flushed more, along with Logan's confused blush.

"...I'm going back to bed." Virgil said, and walked quickly back into his own room.

Th other three shared a light laugh, and Roman left the two alone in the room to fully wake up, and went back into his own room.