Pt. 16 - Gingerbread Cookies

Stepping into the kitchen, Virgil moved to the cupboards to get out the sprinkles that Patton had forgotten. 

Patton ran out of the room, and a few minutes later came back in dragging a reluctant Logan by the arm, and Roman in tow.

When Roman saw the darker side (reaching up to the highest shelf, his sweatshirt dragging up to reveal just a bit of that smooth, pale skin,) he blushed heavily.

Just then, Virgil grabbed the container of sprinkles and stood normally again, turning around and placing then on the table.  Looking up, he made eye contact with the fanciful trait, and quickly looking away again.

Patton sensed the awkward tension in the room and looked over, seeing his awkward boys being awkward.

He smiled, and led the other two towards the counter, making sure Roman was set up next to Virgil.

He grabbed nine big bags of frosting (the colors of the rainbow, black, and white.) and sprinkles, throwing them around the counter.

They all stood at the counter, and Patton passed out the cute cookies (little gingerbread men, gingerbread women, a few ninja gingerbread men...). 

They all started to work, Roman immediately working in a frenzy, grabbing bags of frosting and sprinkles.  He made elaborate designs on the cookies, and worked passionately.

Logan worked quietly, making a few patterned designs on his, and on a few just jotting down facts or as many digits of pic he could remember.

Patton made his cute, dabbing too much frosting on some of their faces and smudging the frosting.  He overall added too much frosting, and they quickly ran out of the light blue frosting he was using on almost all of them.  Somehow managing to get frosting stuck in his hair and a dollop on his nose.

Sitting at the end of their line, Virgil hummed quietly to himself, using violet frosting and mostly staying quiet through the whole process.  He only spoke to ask for a bag of frosting across the table.

Once they were all finished, they all stood back to admire the cookies.

Happily, Patton produced his cookies, quite a few little people (that he had all happily named and made up their backstorys, and don't you even dream, of putting Patty and Jimmy together, because they are feisty...) and he had even managed to procure a little gingerbread town for them.

Roman unveiled his cookies, (he had been covering them the whole time) to show masterful works of art, with designs worked in, and elaborate placing of sprinkles.  He had made them look beautiful, and they all stared at them a moment, impressed.

They all urged Virgil to show his, which he did so reluctantly.  He was embarrassed at the lack of effort he had put in (he only had four cookies).

However, when they saw them, all of their jaws dropped.

Roman was the creative one, but even he had to admit that Virgil's were stunning.

He had made one with dark glasses, a tidy necktie and a button up.  Another had the same glasses but with a polo and a cute cardigan wrapped around his shoulders.  The third had a regal outfit on, with a sash and a small candy crown.  The last one had on a dark sweatshirt, with a little charm of a storm cloud on it. 

Virgil was blushing, and stammered that he had just been doodling on them and then he looked over and saw the three of them and he-

Yeah, now Patton was hugging him tightly, glasses falling to the floor.

When Logan stooped to pick up the father's glasses, he was pulled into the hug, and reluctantly put his arms around their shoulders.

Roman joined in, throwing his arms around the three boys, and they all stood there for a few minutes, Virgil awkwardly blushing and stammering in the middle.

Patton managed to catch Virgil's eye, and looked pointedly at him.

A gentle shake of the head was all he got in return, and they broke apart the hug.

Settling down to eat the cookies, Patton chose a movie and they all sat to enjoy it together.