Pt. 6 - "Swimming Day"

After the other three had properly woken up, (and Virgil died from embarrassment.) they met in the kitchen for a late breakfast. It was mainly toast and some eggs Patton had whipped up, but it was good.

Roman broke the silence with a few more words about Virgil's frenzy, which drew groans out of the dark boy.

After the meal, they sat down together and watched Disney's "Cinderella." Halfway through the movie, Roman jumped up, startling the other three, and shouted loudly, "OH YEAH!"

He turned to his companions and said, "We are all going swimming today! So get your swim trunks and meet me in the car!" And with that, Roman ran outside and jumped into the car.

Patton giggled. "He's really excited! Usually he'd wait for Cinderella to at least dance with the Prince."

Logan sighed and held up his hand with all fingers outstretched. He slowly lowered one, than another, until all his fingers were down, and Roman ran back into the room.

"I forgot my swimsuit!" He said, and he ran to his room and back to the car.

Patton sighed. "We'd better get out there before Roman dies of the heat. Plus, swimming will be fun!"

Through all of this Virgil didn't react, only thinking of excuses of why not to go. "I could say I'm tired... but I just slept for like, a day and a half. I could just refuse? But then Roman would drag me out anyways... Could I just... oh I'll have to go either way. I just won't swim with them."

Once all the boys had their swimming things (and Roman had sent Virgil back inside because he'd forgotten his swim suit,) Logan drove them down to the pool, and they entered. Patton layed their stuff down on a few chairs, and jumped into the water along with Roman, who had immediately jumped in upon seeing the pool. Logan sighed and waded into the water, trying not to get his book wet, which he had brought with him in the pool. Virgil stood awkwardly in the hot sun, and eventually took off his shoes and sat on the edge of the pool with his feet in the water.

Roman eventually took notice of this, and called out for him to join them.

Virgil waved him off, and a second later, Roman was in front of him, trying to pull him into the pool.

Virgil squeaked and turned, not letting Roman pull him into the water. He got up, and stood outside the pool where Roman could fully well see him. Roman pouted at his friend's insistence on not getting into the pool.

"Come on Virgil! It's nice and cool!" He shouted.

Virgil sighed and turned. "I have to.... change." He said, and walked briskly away.

Roman shrugged and turned back to the others.

Meanwhile, Virgil was in the changing room, locked up in a stall and looking at the piece of clothing he had ordered on impulse one night. He had never used it, simply because they never went swimming. Hell, he hadn't opened it until today.

He was holding the swimming binder in his hands, and quickly stripped down, immediately replacing his normal binder with the swimming one.

It was disguised as a swim shirt, but apparently would compress his chest like normal. It was comfortable, since he had followed the websites instructions and ordered one size above his normal size. He could move and breath fine, and he stretched out a little to make sure it was comfortable.

He took a deep breath and exited the changing room, dropping his dry clothes on the chair. Roman noticed his, and frowned slightly upon seeing the swim shirt.

"Do you have to wear that?" He questioned, when Virgil had slipped into the water.

"Yeah. Why? Don't you like it?" Virgil asked, not really caring about his opinion, but mentally making a note to look for swim binders with different designs on them.

"Well, one of the things about doing this is that you get tan! And you really need it you vampire." Roman said, poking Virgil.

Virgil sighed, and waded away from the fanciful one.

A bit later, after Roman had given up trying to get Virgil's shirt off,(with one attempt trying to pull it off, and then Virgil punched him in response.) they were swimming together and playing in the water.

Then, Patton had an idea.

"Chicken fights!" He exclaimed, making the other three sides turn towards him.

"Pardon me Patton?" Logan asked, with a confused look on his face.

"Let's do chicken fights! It'll be fun! I'll show Logan how to play, and we'll be on a team." He giggled, taking the intellectual side's arm and pulling him away.

Virgil sighed and looked at the one who had been annoying him all day. "Guess we're a team then, Princey."

Roman smiled and dove under water, and in a second, scooped Virgil up and was above water, Virgil sitting on his shoulders.

Virgil squeaked, blushing and hitting Roman's head lightly. "Knock it off Princey. I get you wannna be under me but be more subtle next time, hmm?"

And to Roman's dismay, he blushed and stuttered a response. "O-oh... uhmmm... we-well... I wasn't trying to... I didn't mean..."

And then Virgil laughed. "Oh come on. You're the one trying to get my shirt off."

Then Roman dropped him into the water. The darker one sputtered and swam up the surface, kicking Roman underwater.

"Hey! I'm gonna have to call a fowl on the two of you!" Patton yelled, and Logan groaned.

Roman swept Virgil up again onto his shoulders, holding his legs so he wouldn't fall.

"Ready my black sheep?" Roman asked to the boy on his shoulders.

"I don't even understand that one. Was it a because it's a barn animal and we're doing chickens fi- WHOA!" Virgil had stared calmly, but being cut off after Roman charged towards the other two.

And so, their day continued on, the boys pushing each other into the water, and laughing at one another.

(And Roman and Virgil totally dominated.)