Taking What's Mine •Drakes POV•

My lovelies this is just for y'all a full day early!!!!!! Next is the epilogue.

  After apologizing to Jenny and Shawn I knew I had to get out of there. Mad and angry, with not just myself, but for not taking care of Joe before now, as well. I give myself a mental ass kicking. The entire way from the reception tent, into the lobby of the hotel, up the elevator, coming to a stop in the sitting room of our suite.

  My mind is continuously replaying all the different ways I should have kicked the shit out of Joe Black back there. All the things he said about us to her new family and friends. How embarrassed and mortified Abbie looked.

  I don't bother leaving a note for her in my hurry to get away. Just grabbing my things and tossing them into my bags. Leaving the suite as fast as I came heading back to the lobby, and to the valet. Before I change my mind and go back to teach the old prick some manners.

  I was furious with the man I called friend, and barely holding onto my control. Fleeing into my SUV within moments before I could make an even bigger scene. I refused to let that be how our lives started.

  Me beating the shit out of Abbie's Uncle at her Moms wedding in front of all of her family. When I plan on becoming part of that family in the near future. I won't, and I sure as hell don't want the others learning what all was said.

  Even imagining how beautiful Abbie will look on our wedding day isn't enough to lighten my mood as I drive. The dark mood coming from me filling the car with an electric charge in the air. With no clear destination in mind I focus only on dissecting everything.

  Id I'm completely honest, I'm more upset with myself, actually. I'm the man that prides himself on being efficient, always covered, and totally in control. For the first time since I can remember I actually forgot part of my task. Something a leader of a growing multi-million dollar company, or Master, should ever do. Not when it's something as important as this.

  When Abbie crushed me the last night we were on my yacht, my focus shifted. Forgetting everything except one purpose. Make Abbie believe, and break free. Finally hear those sweet words of love fall from her succulent lips.

  One of the single best moments of my life. One I'll never forget. No matter what it cost. That's my only excuse.

  Don't get me wrong. I completely understand why Joe wouldn't want Abbie with someone from our world. There are some that take it to the extreme, and some that are a little crazy. With the occasional weasel that has zero morals. Along with the people who just want to have a little funny. Every type of person in this lifestyle.

  But, for God's sake, the man knows he can trust her with me! Before all this we the asshole and I actually allied ourselves friends. I mean, fuck, we've known each other for years!

  We first met when Joe came to my firm for a meeting for a new security contract at his club. We sat in my office talking for hours. Joe telling me everything about the club, and what went on behind the front doors. Showing me pictures and schematics along with a list of the clientele.

  The more he talked the more interested in the club I became. I was a silent partner of Deans club in Florida, and played there a few times when I was in town. But I didn't have a club to play at here in New York.

  I told Joe about Deans club The Scene, and me being in the lifestyle as well. Even though we just met he told me about his subs that inspired him to build the club. By the time he was getting ready to leave we had a meeting to tour the club at noon the next day.

  The three store water-front warehouse was set up totally different than The Scene, but it peaked my interest. We went over a few security details before agreeing to a contract, and a became Sinful Delights newest Master as well.