Chapter 4

❥ Rose's POV -

"Uh um sorry but do you not really know who i am" he says to me with a confused expression. "Well no am i supposed to?" I reply.

"No no it's fine i actually like the fact that you don't" he says happily.

Everything finally clicks. He's obviously famous in some type of way and those girls were just fans. Right I'm so dumb jeez.

"Ohhh your famous?" I say to him and he nods.

"Well what are you famous for?" I ask. "I'm a pop singer" he says to me.

"I was just on tour in America and Canada for the last couple months which is why i haven't been getting much sleep and why me and my voice sound like shit" he says while chuckling a bit.

"Righttt" i say finally understanding. "So yeah..." he says. Awkward tension between us starts to form so i go back onto my phone and he does the same.

I didn't really live a normal teenage life. Since i had no friends, never had a boyfriend, never went out, so i didn't really know how to live a social life. Since i mostly spent my years locked in my room either studying or crying. Which also meant i had no social media and didn't keep updated with any artists or popular teen celebrities of my generation.

I opened my phone and secretly typed in "Shawn" since he didn't tell me his last name i just assumed it was "Mendes" since it was the first thing that came up. Wow was he famous.

He has many hit songs and is only 20 years old. I look through the images in awe that he was sitting right in front of me.

As i look over his shoulder at his phone where it shows his profile i see his Instagram had over 40 MILLION followers! Is that even possible? omg it suddenly hits me that a super famous pop singer was sitting right next to me casually talking to me for the last hour!

I open his self titled album to take a first listen to his music.

"help me" the words play through my earphones. Wow was his voice angelic. It was the most beautiful voice i've ever heard.

As i listen through the song paying attention to the lyrics i realise how deeply they relate to me. "Laying on the bathroom floor feeling nothing" That one lyric basically describes my life story. When the chorus filled my ears i could feel tears forming and myself starting to cry.

Shawn looks over at me "Hey are you ok" he asks concerned.

"Th-thi-this song is really incredible" i say stuttering through my tears and showing him my phone.

"Aw thanks, that means a lot to me. Looks like your checking out my music eh?" he says giggling and blushing.

"yeah, this song relates to me on so many levels. Did you write it?" i ask.

"Yeah i wrote it last year, I was going through a hard time, being a celebrity isn't always ups. There sure is many downs as well. I just wrote that song from my heart. It's the most vulnerable and meaningful song i believe i've ever written and i'm so proud of it. It feels amazing to see people relate to it." he says.

He sounds so genuine. I thought all celebrities would be diva's and stuck ups but no Shawn was the complete opposite. He seemed so humble and down to earth.

The song ended. I didn't want it to end, it was a masterpiece. I put it on loop and just as i was about to say something i look over to see that Shawn had fallen asleep again.

I'm glad his getting rest and taking care of himself. He really deserves everything he has.

I lay my head on the window. As the lyrics play out my earphones and i slowly fall asleep.