Chapter 1

❥ Rose's POV -

I sat on the shiny white bathroom floor, room spinning, heart racing. I was having another anxiety attack. It was nothing new since I'd been suffering from anxiety and depression for months now but this felt different.

I try to block out the sounds of screaming and arguing coming from downstairs by blocking my ears and squeezing my eyes shut, wishing for it all to just end.

I was so done, so over this. So over my stepdad abusing my family. My father died from a car crush when I was only 15 years old. I'm still traumatised from the phone call I received at school that day.

I'm now 18 with two younger twin sisters named Lisa and Liza both 8 years old. They're the cutest little girls ever, always happy, filled with joy. Mainly because they didn't understand our family issues yet since they were too young to understand.

Since my father died my mother fell into a deep depression until she met our stepdad, David. He seemed nice at first, well of what I remember. Until the night, the night I will never ever EVER forget.

I remember it so clearly like it was just yesterday. I don't want to go into full detail as it still haunts me every second of every day but I was 17 at the time, when my mum and David's relationship was just beginning and it was his first time staying over night at our house.

It was around 11pm. Alone in my bedroom. When David walked in. It was a friendly conversation at first, getting to know each other and talking about school. When he started touching me in ways that no one has ever touched me in before. I screamed and begged him to stop but he just covered my mouth with his hand. He threatened to kill me if i told a living soul. I was traumatised, shocked, frozen. I never told anyone...

It happens every month now at the exact same time. On the 22nd of every month at 11pm. He rapes me. Not only that but also abuses me often and I can't do anything about it. He threatens death upon me. I'm scared and stuck.

I can't live like this anymore.

You may be thinking why, why my mother doesn't just divorce and end the relationship or why, why I can't tell someone the truth. It's complicated.

Situations like this are always complicated. David's a smart man. He makes my mum believe he's a good man by manipulating her. They fight all the time though my mum still loves him.

The shouting finally ends. I hold onto the bathroom sink to try lift myself off the bathroom floor and stand still for a while for everything to stop spinning. I then wash my smudged makeup off my face.

I hop into bed and open my phone when i realise it's the 22nd of March, 11pm. 22ND. He was going to come in at anytime now to rape me. My heart beat races when I hear him walking up the stairs.

It's nothing new, he has done this every month for the past year now but I still feel just as scared as if it was the first time every time I hear those footsteps walking up my bedroom stairs.