Chapter 26

Hey, guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter and happy reading!

Hiccup gasped, his eyes flying open. "What happened?" he panted.

Jack patted his friend on the back. "You were in some trouble there, Hic."

"Th- That dream," Hiccup said. "It was when my...." his voice trailed off.

"I know," Jack said gently.

Hiccup looked at him curiously. "Wait, you were in my dream too."

"I wouldn't really call it a dream though," Jack said. "It kind of seems to be too real to be placed in that category. A living nightmare has a nicer ring to it.

"Look," Jack said. "The Black Dragon is trying to put us all in an eternal nightmare. Somehow, he knows what's our deepest and darkest fears are and he uses it to his advantage. You and I were both lucky that we woke up from it."

"Maybe that's how the Black Dragon kills its enemies, by making them go insane," Hiccup said thoughtfully.

Jack nodded. "Right. And while I am really happy that you're awake and all, I have to go help the others."

"They're in an eternal nightmare too?" Hiccup said.

"Yes," Jack said, looking worriedly over his shoulder to the other members. He turned back to face Hiccup. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave you on your own for a while. I have to go into the girls' nightmares and bring them out of it."

"Hey, why can't I help?" Hiccup said a little bit indignantly.

"I need someone to keep tabs on the Black Dragon," Jack smiled a bit teasingly. "And I can't do that when I'm in someone's dreamworld."

Hiccup rolled his eyes. "Alright. You go. I'll watch and make sure the Black Dragon doesn't do anything else."

"Thanks, Hiccup," Jack said. He gave his friend a firm handshake and sneaked his way to the girls. Right now, the Black Dragon seemed to be unaware of his nearby presence.

First one. First one is going to be...Jack thought, looking at the girls. His eyes fell on one in particular.

Elsa.

"I hate you! I HATE YOU!"

"Please, just listen to me-"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU ANYMORE, YOU HEAR ME?"

Jack found himself in a very familiar place. Guardia. But this house didn't look like Elsa's house, the one he so often went to. Yet this house seemed to hold some meaning to it.

"Anna, I'm begging you! Hear me out!"

Elsa's desperate tone cut through Jack's mind. He was in a corner of the room Elsa and Anna were fighting in. It seemed though that Anna was doing more of the shouting and Elsa was doing more of the pleading and begging.

"You always claim that you love me and would do anything for me, but yet you never even speak to me unless you're shouting or nagging at me! And we're sisters for crying out loud!"

Of course. Jack thought. Elsa had once told me that her and Anna weren't always so close. This must be one of their fights. Or something like that....

"I can't leave this house without you pestering and nagging me with questions,'" Anna shouted. She mimicked Elsa, " ' Where are you going? What time will you be back? Are you meeting up with somebody? Is it someone I know?' "