Chapter 21

Hey guys! After a long first week of school, I can finally write! And not long after logging onto WattPad did my eyes behold? More than 1,000 reads on Long Live! That was definitely something that I didn't expect. Thank you guys so much for reading this story and I'll continue to update this as best as I can. Hope you enjoy this chapter and happy reading!

Two days passed and the group was back on the trail again.

"The forest seems to be getting a lot foggier," Anna said. By now, the group was surrounded by a thick gray fog everywhere as far as the eye could see.

"I don't even think the forest was ever foggy when we were traveling before," Elsa said.

"I don't want to make things go from bad to worse but," Hiccup frowned. "I can't navigate our way through this fog."

Jack groaned. "Haven't you ever been through fog when you were with your dragon?"

"Yeah, but we could easily just fly upwards to get out of the fog and get a clearer view," Hiccup scowled. "And you shouldn't be complaining since I'm the one who has the map. I bet if I gave it to you right now, you wouldn't know where to start."

"Why you-" Jack said, lunging for Hiccup when Elsa and the other girls stopped him.

"Now's not the time to be fightin' lad," Merida said. "We need to focus on what we're going to do."

"What I need to do right now is give Hiccup a-" Jack said then stopped. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Elsa said.

Jack held up a finger to his lips. "Shh. Quiet. I heard something."

"It's probably just a rabbit that stepped on a twig," Hannah said.

They heard another twig snap, with footsteps coming closer towards them. The group tensed, drawing out their swords.

"On my count, we all try to attack it," Jack said. "Merida, try to shoot it with your arrows first."

Merida nodded. "I'll do my best."

From the fog, they could see a shadow appearing, and getting closer and closer.

"One," Jack said.

The footsteps became louder and closer.

"Two."

The figure wasn't more than ten feet away.

"Three!" Jack said.

Merida let go of her arrow, making it zoom towards the figure. The figure emerged from the fog just in time for the arrow to miss and hit a tree instead.

"That wasn't very nice, was it?" the figure said, wagging a finger.

"It's... an old lady," Rapunzel said.

"I prefer to be called elderly, dear," the woman laughed.

"Keep your guard up. We don't know if she's a vampire too," Jack said.

"I can assure you that I am no such thing," the woman said, still standing in the same place, yet able to hear Jack. "But I am another mystical being."

"And what is that?" Jack said to the woman.

The woman chuckled and came closer. Upon closer inspection, Jack's breath caught in his throat. From the neck up, the woman was human. But from the neck down, she had a body of a lion.

"I'm a sphinx," she said, padding towards them.

"A sphinx," Galaxy murmured, looking at the woman in wonder. "I thought your kind was wiped out a long time ago."