Pilot [3]

A Young Woman was tacking up posters with Troy's face and the caption 'MISSING TROY SQUIRE'.

Dean, Sam, and Phoenix approached. "I'll bet you that's her," Dean said

"No, I thought she was just a random girl posting signs looking for Captain Obvious," Phoe said causing Dean to glare at her. The trio walked up to the young woman.

"You must be Amy," Dean greeted

"Yeah," Amy replied

"Yeah, Troy told us about you. We're his uncles. I'm Dean, this is Sammy and this is my girlfriend Phoenix,"

Phoenix and Sam both glared at Dean.

"He never mentioned you to me," Amy explained. She walked away.

Dean, Sam, and Phoe walked with her. "Well, that's Troy, I guess. We're not around much, we're up in Modesto,"

"So, we're looking for him to, and we're kinda asking around," Sam added.

Another young woman came up to Amy and put a hand on her arm. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah," Amy told her

"You mind if we ask you a couple of questions?" Sam asked, Amy nodded and they headed for a diner.

Phoenix stayed behind as she looked at one of the posters, her face grim.

"Phoe!" Dean called out causing her to look up at him "You alright?"

Phoenix nodded as she walked up to Dean "I'm fine...honey," they walked into the diner where Sam had taken a seat with Amy and her friend at a booth. Phoe squeezed herself next to Sam as Dean took a seat next to her.

"I was on the phone with Troy." Amy explained "He was driving home. He said he would call me right back, and...he never did,"

"He didn't say anything strange, or out of the ordinary?" Sam asked

Amy shook her head "No. Nothing I can remember,"

"I like your necklace," Phoe said

Amy held the pendant she was wearing, a pentagram in a circle, and looked down at it. "Troy gave it to me. Mostly to scare my parents-" she laughed "-with all that devil stuff,"

Phoenix laughed a little and looked down at her own pendant, then up.

Sam and Dean looked over at her.

"Actually, it means just the opposite. A pentagram is a protection against evil. Really powerful." Phoenix blushed as she realized everyone was looking at her "I mean if you believe in that kind of thing,"

"Okay." Dean sighed "Thank you, Unsolved Mysteries," he grunted as Phoe stomped on his other foot. Dean took his arm off of Phoenix's shoulder and leaned forward "Here's the deal, ladies. The way Troy disappeared, something's not right. So if you've heard anything..."

Phoe noted the two share a look "What is it?"

"Well, it's just..." Amy's friend started "I mean, with all these guys going missing, people talk,"

Dean and Sam spoke in chorus. "What do they talk about?"

"It's kind of this local legend. This one girl? She got murdered out on Centennial, like decades ago."

Dean looked at Sam, who watched Amy's friend attentively, nodding.

"Well, supposedly she's still out there."

Sam nodded.

"She hitchhiked, and whoever picks her up? Well, they disappear forever,"

***