Home

Phoenix was nervously drumming her fingers against her now cold cup of coffee as Sam drew a picture of a tree next to her and Dean droned on and on about a possible case.

"All right. I've been cruisin' some websites." Dean explained. "I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali-its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas." He grabbed Phoenix's wrist to stop her anxious tapping and looked over at Sam "Am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff?"

"No. I'm listening. Keep going," Sam claimed.

"And, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times." Dean waved his hand in front of Phoenix as she stared into space "Any of these things blowin' up your skirt, pal?"

Phoenix looked at Dean confused "I'm not wearing a skirt,"

Dean looked at Phoenix dumbfounded.

"Wait." Sam realized as he looked at his picture "I've seen this,"

"Seen what?" Dean questioned.

Sam got up and went searching through his duffel bag.

"What are you doing?"

Sam found a photo of their family from when he was a baby. He compared the tree in the photo to his drawing.

The two were identical.

"Dean, I know where we have to go next," Sam realized.

"Where?" Dean asked confused.

"Back home...back to Kansas,"

"Okay," Dean nodded slowly "random. Where'd that come from?"

Sam showed the photo to Dean and Phoenix "All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where Mome died?"

"Yeah,"

"And it didn't burn down, right? I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right?"

"I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talkin' about?"

"Okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy but...the people who live in our old house-I think they might be in danger,"

Phoenix tilted her head in confusion "Why would you think that?"

"Uh...it's just, um...look, just trust me on this, okay?" Sam started to walk away.

Dean looked over at Phoenix who only shrugged. "Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you?"

"Yeah," Sam replied.

"Come on, man, that's weak. You gotta give me a little bit more than that,"

"I can't really explain it is all,"

Dean crossed his arms "Well, tough. I'm not goin' anywhere until you do,"

Sam sighed. "I have these nightmares,"

Dean nodded "I've noticed,"

"And sometimes...they come true,"

Phoenix spluttered out her coffee "Come again?" she coughed.

"Look, Phoe, Dean...I dreamt about Jessica's death-for days before it happened,"

Dean looked to Phoenix for help, but the redhead was once again staring into space "Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence," he sighed.

"No, I dreamt about the blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything, and I didn't do anything about it 'cause I didn't believe it. And now I'm dreaming about that tree, about our house, and about some woman inside screaming for help. I mean, that's where it all started, man, this has to mean something, right?" Sam glanced over at his best friend "Phoe?"

Phoenix stood up abruptly, her fists constantly clenching and unclenching.

The boys noticed the small bit of light emitting from her palms.

"I need some air," Phoenix grabbed her jean jacket and walked out the door, the door slamming shut behind her.

Dean shook his head "I swore to myself that I would never go back there,"

"Look, Dean, we have to check this out." Sam admitted softly "Just to make sure,"

Dean sighed in despair "I know we do,"