Home [4]

Sam, Dean, Phoenix, and Missouri walked up to the Winchester household and knocked on the door.

Jenny answered with Ritchie in her arms "Sam, Dean, Phoenix. What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Jenny. This is our friend, Missouri," Sam introduced.

"If it's not too much trouble, we were hoping to show her the old house. You know, for old time's sake," Dean explained.

"You know, this isn't a good time. I'm kind of busy," Jenny said.

"Listen, Jenny, it's important."

Missouri smacked Dean on the back of the head, earning another snort from Phoe.

"Ow!" Dean argued.

"Give the poor girl a break," Missouri scolded "can't you see she's upset? Forgive this boy, he means well, he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed, but hear me out,"

"About what?" Jenny questioned.

"About this house,"

"What are you talking about?"

"I think you know what I'm talking about. You think there's something in this house, something that wants to hurt your family. Am I mistaken?"

"Who are you?"

"We're people who can help," Phoenix spoke up "who can stop this thing. But you're gonna have to trust us, just a little,"

***

A few moments later, Missouri, Phoenix, and the boys were in Sari's bedroom.

Phoe remained at the outer edge of the doorway, not liking the energy coming from the room.

"If there's a dark energy around here, this room should be the center of it," Missouri noted.

"Why?" Sam asked.

"This used to be your nursery, Sam. This is where it all happened,"

Sam glanced at the ceiling.

While Missouri looked around the room, Dean pulled out his EMF meter.

"That an EMF?" Missouri asked.

"Yeah," Dean replied.

"Amateur," Missouri scoffed "I don't know if you t boys should be disappointed or relieved, but this ain't the thing that took your mom,"

"Wait, are you sure?" Sam asked.

Missouri nodded.

"How do you know?"

"It isn't the same energy I felt the last time I was here." Missouri replied "It's somethin' different,"

"What is it?" Dean asked.

"Not it." Phoenix said quietly "Them,"

Missouri nodded in agreement as she opened the closet "There's more than one spirit in this place,"

"What are they doing here?" Dean wondered.

"They're here because of what happened to your family. You see, all those years ago, real evil came to you. It walked this house. That kind of evil leaves wounds. And sometimes, wounds get infected,"

"I don't understand," Sam said.

"This place is a magnet for paranormal energy." Phoe simplified "It attracted a poltergeist. A nasty one. And it won't rest until Jenny and her kids are dead,"

Sam looked over at Missouri "You said there was more than one spirit,"

"There is." Missouri nodded "I just can't quite make out the second one,"

"Well, one thing's for damn sure..." Dean said "nobody dyin' in this house ever again. So whatever is here, how do we stop it?"

***

Dean, Sam, Missouri, and Phoenix were sitting around a table in Missouri's house.

On the table were different herbs and roots.

"So, what is all this stuff, anyway?" Dean questioned.

"Angelica Root, Van Van oil, crossroad dirt, a few other odds and ends," Missouri listed.

"Yeah? What are we supposed to do with it?"

"We're gonna put them inside the walls in the north, south, east, west corners on each floor of the house,"

"We'll be punchin' holes in the drywall. Jenny's gonna love that," Dean said sarcastically.

"She'll live," Phoe reminded.

"And this'll destroy the spirits?" Sam questioned.

"It should. It should purify the house completely. We'll each take a floor. But we work fast. Once the spirits realize what we're up to, things are gonna get bad," Missouri explained.

***

Phoenix walked Jenny and her kids outside.

"Look, I'm not sure I'm comfortable leaving you guys here alone,"

"Just take your kids to the movies or somethin', and it'll be over by the time you get back," Phoe reasoned.

Inside the house, Sam went into one of the rooms with a hammer.

Sam knelt down by the wall and began using the end of the hammer to hit against the walls.

While Sam was doing this, a plug on the other side of the room took itself out of the outlet. A lamp began to move on its own also. The plug snaked its way towards Sam. Downstairs in the kitchen, Dean was punching the wall with a small ax. Behind him, a drawer began to open on its own. In the basement, Missouri was looking around.

Missouri brought a bag full of herbs to the wall. She heard a noise and turned around to see a table coming towards her. Missouri screamed as it pinned her against the wall.

Back in the kitchen, Dean also heard a noise. He quickly ducked just as a knife hurled itself from the cabinet, but froze in midair.

Dean glanced over to see Phoenix standing in the doorway, her hand in front of her "Thanks, Phoe,"

Phoe merely nodded only to pause "Sam..." she hurried out of the room.

Upstairs, Sam was chopping a hole in the wall.

The lamp crashed on the ground.

Sam turned around to see what the noise was, and the cord wrapped itself around his neck. He fell to the ground, trying to get the cord off.

Phoenix ran upstairs and into the room "Sam!" Her eyes seemed to light in anger as her hands balled into fists "Enough!" She threw her arms back, the room erupting with blinding white light.

***

A few hours later, Dean, Sam, Missouri, and Phoenix were standing in the extremely messy kitchen.

"You sure this is over?" Sam asked.

"I'm sure," Phoe grumbled as she took a sip of the tea that Missouri had made to help regain her strength.

"Why do you ask?" Missouri wondered.

"Never mind." Sam sighed "It's nothin', I guess,"

"Hello?" Jenny called as she entered the house "We're home." She came into the kitchen and looked around "What happened?"

"Hi, sorry. Um, we'll pay for all of this," Sam apologized.

"Don't you worry." Missouri said, "Dean's gonna clean up this mess."

Dean remained unmoved.

"Well, what are you waiting for, boy? Get the mop,"

Dean began walking away.

"And don't cuss at me!"

***

A little while later, Missouri, Phoenix, and the boys left the house.

Jenny waved and shut the door behind them.