Chapter 5

BlueStar stood intimidatingly in front of the kits who were no longer proud of the previous night's shenanigans.

"I'm disappointed in you four," their father said making them all turn a deep shade of guilty.

"In my own defence," ToolKit said with a digit pointing in the air "I had no idea that we were throwing expensive clothing onto the fire. I thought it was a smoke bomb that would choke you all out."

"We all thought that Einstein," LuckyKit yelled at him.

"We're just sick if being treated like babies while you have fun at the Treaty Treat party."

"I see," BlueStar said whilst rubbing his chin. "Then perhaps if you want to be treaty treated like adults a quest is in order."

"Yes!" shouted TookKit with glee. "Wait, what's a quest?"

"It's like a mission of sorts," their father answered.

"Right..." ToolKit responded with a nod. "What's a 'sorts'?"

"A quest sounds like a splendid idea father," BlueKit said enthusiastically.

"Excellent, then I hereby charge you all with the quest of double your chores!"

"Yay!" beamed Toolkit before being promptly glared at by his co-kits. "I mean... Nay!"

"I want all your chores done by sundown or there will be outlands to pay!" BlueStar boomed, then sent them away.

"What a way to put a hairball in my dinner!" moaned JeromeKit.

"You got a hairball in your breakfast? Lucky!" ToolKit said.

"He was making a metaphor stupid," LuckyKit verbally assaulted her brother. "And how would that make him lucky?"

"Why don't you tell me since you're so smartish," ToolKit retaliated.

"Being smart doesn't mean I understand what's going on inside your malfunctioning brain," she roared.

"Yes it does."

"Okay, kits enough arguing; we have a lot of chores to do," BlueKit intervened.

"I thought you were our fearless leader," JeromeKit told BlueKit with a frown. "And you're just going to go along with this crazy punishment?"

"What do you suggest?"

"I say we go play ball," JeromeKit answered.

"I say we play kick the tool!" LuckyKit suggested while winding up to kick ToolKit.

"I say we... ow!" ToolKit tried to suggest before getting booted.

"I have a better idea," BluKit announced. "Dad wanted us to do a quest, I say we give ourselves a REAL quest."

"What quest?" LuckyKit asked.

"Yeah, what quest?"

"We find the long lost enchanted ball of yarn," BlueKit declared while the other kits gasped.