Chapter 1

Bluestar had four kits: BlueKit, ToolKit, JeromeKit and LuckyKit.

BlueKit, named for his bright blue coat was perhaps the most flatulent of the litter. ToolKit was not quite as bue as his older brother but was easily the fluffiest and even more easily the dumbest. JeromeKit, the sweet little black kitten was the most adventurous and daring, while the green female was the smartest and was called LuckyKit because her fur resembled a clover and she seemed to be able to get out of any predicament her brothers got her into.

The first incident that the four kits got into was only a few hours after they were born. Their parents were extremely proud of them but also rather tired from the lengthy birthing process, so the kits got bored of lying around and decided to explore the territory.

They didn't get too far in their first little expedition before they bumped into their uncle GarryClaw.

"Hey kits, welcome to the weird," GarryClaw said to them.

"What the heck is that supposed to mean?" BlueKit asked on behalf of the four of them.

"It means that now that you have been born you are in for a strange life."

"Who are you and why should we believe you?" asked JeromeKit.

"I'm your uncle GarryClaw; and you should believe me because I'm your uncle."

"I don't trust this guy," LuckyKit told her siblings.

"I do," Toolkit argued.

"But you're the dumbest," LuckyKit argued his argument.

"And the fluffiest!" ToolKit felt the need to point out.

"He's got a good point," BlueKit nodded.

"About being fluffy yes, but not about whether we should trust this weirdo. Did you hear how he greeted us into existence?" LuckyKit asked with a scowl.

"I say we rob him," JeromeKit suggested.

"What will that accomplish?" asked BlueKit.

"I like his watch," the kit meekly replied.

"The last thing you should be doing is proving true the stereotype that Kits are thieves," LuckyKit scolded her brother.

"But he doesn't have a stereo," ToolKit thought out loud while scratching his head with confusion.

"What if we fight him; we've got him outnumbered," BlueKit proposed.

"If he really is our uncle that'll annoy Mom and Dad," responded LuckyKit.

"I like making them mad. That's what they get for birthing me into 'the weird'." JeromeKit angrily replied.

"It's settled then," BlueKit announced. "Attack!"

The four young kits attacked their uncle and the group scratched him to the point where he had to be hospitalized. Just as LuckyKit had predicted their mother was upset about her brother being bludgeoned. But their father was proud of them and felt they would one day become great warriors. He was only half right.