Chapter Thirty Nine - Ipatus

I rushed up to my fathers place ready to ask him a favor. "Um father?"

"Nico?" his voice questioned back as he looked around. "Don't you have a war to fight?"

"Yes I just um, need help."

"Nico... " he seemed to warn me. "I helped during the second Titan war, even then took you days to convince me. You don't have anymore time for-"

"Oh my gods. I need you help with helping me retrieve someone from tartarus. They're nice to me any they may have lived closing the doors of death."

"Nico Di Angelo, you will do no such thing. It's too dangerous."

"Yes, yes I know. Been there done that, it sucks.... I actually need help finding Bob, Ipatus." I say.

"Oh Bob? He's- wait?! DId you just say you've been to Tartarus?"

I shrugged. "Yeah, like years ago," I shuddered, "Achlys told me that I had more misery than anyone she had ever seen before, been attacked by monsters, drank fire water... blah, blah, blah," I sigh. "Anyway, I know that the gods aren't going to help us because of there insurmountable egos. I mean they pride themselves by treating us like slaves. No offence, you don't like people though and besides Bob is basically my only friend- other than leo."

"Wait wait wait. Hold the phone, you went as far as seeing the goddess of misery and drinking fire water?"

"Yeah, it's what I just said. I was so close to the doors of death then blam," I clapped my hands together for an effect. "I was captured by the Giant twins, stuck in a jar with poisionus air and in a death coma for six days. Which reminds me... I need more seeds.."

"Okay... Bob should be in the dining room." he handed me a dozen seeds. I took them and lit up.

"Really?!" He nodded. 

I smiled and ran into the room leaving a confused Hades behind. I saw a broom and silver hair. "BOB! Iapetus!" I say.

"Nico?" He asks softly as I hug his leg considering how tall he is.

"I need your help Bob."

"With what? I would be glad to help."

"We have another war, we need our friendly Titan. The gods would most likely be too arrogant to try and leave us to die. So... we need help, you're the only one who can kill or hurt the other giants and Titans."

"You want me to banish my family to death?"

"Well technically no and yes, we just need help with the giants right now. Besides don't you want revenge? They did attack you in Tartarus with Percy and Annabeth. By the way where's Damasen?"

"Damasen is somewhere... I never saw him after I regenerated. I tried to look for him at his hut but it was empty."

"Should we go down and find him?"

"No! No, Nico, no. You can't go down there again."

"But if you wont kill or harm the titans we need somebody else to fight them. Wait... Can you help?"

"I would do anything for you, friend."

I smiled. "Thank you. Now we'll leave in ten minutes. I need a few to talk with my father."

"Of course."he said. He smiled making his eyes crinkle.

I turn and run out the door to have a conversation with him. "Father?!" I yell. "We need to talk."

He comes out of thin air. "About you taking my slave away?"

I sighed. "Here we go again, no? Alright, you really want to do this. BOB is not your slave. He may be a titan but he is on our side. He is my friend, and he's going to help us in this war." My voice tensed and radiated anger, anger radiated off me. "You won't fight, but you need too. I know I said I didn't need your help but the prophecy said 'Two children of the light and dark with their fathers of heart shall help with the fight' Me and Will. Light and dark, Hades and Apollo. We need your help in order to win. You can fight with me or you can be a coward and hide here. Again. Like you always do." I have no idea what came over me but I was in the zone.

He lit black fire in his hand. "You dare speak to me like that? I am your father." he bellowed.

"Right now you are nothing but a hypocrite. You told me to fight for what I want, but you never fought for my mother, your home, your daughter..."

"Nico, don't do this to me." he said angrily pained. 

I felt as though I was halfway to tears. "You either choose your pride, or your son. I am all you have left." I said before walking back to Ipatus.  "Let's go Bob."

"How?"

I smiled slightly refusing to show my emotions. "Shadow Travel of course." I grabbed his broom and he held on as well. I sighed and drew all of my energy together, this was going to need a lot of power. I had the shadows pull us in, I held on and waited to end up back at Hogwarts. When we landed we were in the forest. I was a bit light headed from all the energy but Iapetus fell on his face. "Come on Bob. We've got a war to end." He laughed a little causing the trees to shake and he lifted himself up.

"Let's end the war." he said gripping the broom. "Friend."